Tama Artwood Snare Drum Reviews

4.5
  • Sound Quality

• Appearance

Tama Artwood Snare Drum - Ask a question now

“In my snare drum arsenal I have 2 Artwoods. The 13x4...”

written by karooha on 03/10/2008

In my snare drum arsenal I have 2 Artwoods. The 13x4 Shaggy, and the 14x4 piccolo. They are both very versatile snares, capable of fitting into a wide range of soundscapes. The maple shells give you the warmth of tone and projection, while the high quality hardware fitted, in dark chrome varieties, helps to keep consistent and reliable tuning. For the money I recommend the Artwood series, when compared to similar ranges from Pearl et al. The build quality is very good, the finishes are of a very high standard, and they come with Evans power centre reverse dot which is a very nice head. I would rate these above their competition. I don't think they come with a case like the metalworks. Get one, get two, you will be happy, for a long time.