iDealing www.idealing.com

2.3
  • Speed of transfer

iDealing www.idealing.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for iDealing www.idealing.com

“idealing.com did not communicate by mail, email or...”

written by 279McKinney on 30/06/2023

idealing.com did not communicate by mail, email or telephone, when I applied for a sipp transfer to another sipp provider and trading platform. The transfer took over 7 months. I had to report them to the FSA, the Pension Ombudsman and the Financial Ombudsman and would advise any other clients having problems to do the same. By not corresponding with clients they idealing delays any sipp transfer to other sipp platforms. Avoid idealing.com at all costs. This company is a disgrace.

“iDealing is an awful company I wished I had never joined”

written by Kathleen367 on 23/12/2020

I would give this company ZERO star if I could. They treat their clients like idiots. They often charge them for a poor service. Nothing's changed over the years. If a client complains, the arrogant staff would tell you they have been doing business like this for decades. You can't even leave them easily. They will make the process painful and costly. Don't get lured by their offers. It will all end in tears. This company is about how much money it can get out of you, not about any services you can get by paying.

“RECOMMEND HIGHLY”

written by RThom123 on 14/01/2020

MY WIFE AND I MANAGE ALL OF OUR ACCOUNTS WITH IDEALING. THEY OFFER COMMISSION FREE TRADING IN EU STOCKS, ETFS, AND OPTION TRADING. THEIR TRADING PLATFORM IS WELL DESIGNED. RESPONSE TIME WITH ANY QUESTIONS IS GOOD. RECOMMENDED.

Mweaver2020's Response to RThom123's Review

Written on: 23/12/2020

Yes good to begin with. Please come back here again in a few years.

“recommend”

written by MDUK2019 on 15/10/2019

I prefer fashion to share dealing, but, trying to be a responsible adult, I opened a SIPP with idealing. It has been a pretty simple process, and I like their app. I had one problem trying to buy something, and they actually called me when I received an error. Totally recommend.

“Great broker”

written by SHOWELL65 on 05/08/2019

Hello, I have held Isa and junior isa accounts with idealing for over 10 years and have never experienced any problems. I was frankly surprised by some of the other reviews. My husband holds other types of accounts with them - CFD, Sipp, and Standard, and is also happy. They have free trading in european stocks, a big plus. I guess they are a smaller company compared to some brokers backed by banks, but in exchange, I feel I get very personal service. I can trade easily from my mobile, and if there is any problem trading online, I can call their dealing desk. Recommended!

Mweaver2020's Response to SHOWELL65's Review

Written on: 23/12/2020

Is this review for real? ?

“Very pleased with idealing”

written by Brooksbx474 on 15/07/2019

I have an ISA account with idealing which I opened about 10 years ago. I am not an experienced trader, my son helps with which shares to buy, but I can easily execute the deals online as the website is straightforward. The fees, an important aspect for me, have not changed since I opened the account. I don't really understand the people complaining about the fees when they can see what they are before they open an account. We have a phone number in case of any urgent trades (doesn't happen often), otherwise my emails are replied to in a timely manner. I am very happy to stay with idealing.

Mweaver2020's Comment

Written on: 04/01/2021

Well, wait till you need their help. I used to like them too.

If you have any problems, they will make you jump through hoops, charge you an arm and a leg (minimum £70 for doing little, they would do everything the slowest way, forms by post, payments by cheques in the post) before throwing your account out like garbage !

If you complain, they will tell you they have always been doing business that way.

It left a bitter taste in the mouth.

Do give us an update later.

“Never an issue ”

written by htCooley1965 on 03/08/2017

Been with these guys a number of years and they have always been helpful and although you pay to remove funds I like to think that the fact I can access the app on my phone easily compensates. Would recommend to others

“Generally review”

written by Ekuuleus on 22/03/2017

I'm very happy with Idealing. I have bee using them since about 2002. They are by far one of the most competitively price. I've also generally found contacting them to be straight forward and the team proactive to sort any enqueries out. I haven't tried transferring out money so can't comment on that part. Yes, the normal market size is a pain; it's far lower than the stock exchanges NMS. Other than NMS issues, the platform works well for the most part.

“Trapped with high charges”

written by on 27/02/2017

This crowd of pirates keep introducing new charges. Even a charge for cash withdrawals. The transfer out charges are criminal £60 per account and £17.50 or more per line of stock. Once they've got your account they wont let you go without a huge charge. Customer service also tends to be on the slow side and not very hekpful Steer well clear of this firm.

Philthefire's Comment

Written on: 18/05/2017

These transfer out charges are not unusual and when you think about it not excessive - it would take 2 trades to sell out - transfer cash - repurchase - so the in specie charge keeps you in the market and saves money!

Mallandy's Comment

Written on: 18/05/2017

The charges may not be unusual , but this just demonstrates the avarice of companies in the financial "services" sector who take advantage of their position (ie a quasi-monopoly with huge barriers entry for competitors) to charge for transactions like cash transfers which every other business provides free.
The charges ARE excessive and unreasonable and should be referred to the Competition and Markets Authority

“Avoid - Complete Lobster Pot”

written by ukbbbbb on 12/02/2017

This company just kept getting worse. Started charging for cash withdrawals (eg dividends) and make it really difficult. (freepost) service can take weeks. Exit fees are huge also £60 per account plus £20 per line of stock. Avoid at all costs.

“Avoid”

written by MaximilianGraham on 22/11/2016

The platform was cheap and efficient, however over the past few months they have introduced new charges such as the £5 quarterly admin fee but worse is the mandatory £2 fee to withdraw your own money. The cap is £1,000 so if you want to withdraw £10,000, this privilege will cost you £20

“No longer low cost”

written by mike1069 on 18/08/2016

Extortionate admin charges. It now costs £60 to close your account ( introduced Aug 2016) so I would avoid iDealing if you can find a platform with low/ no exit charges. £2 for BACS. If you want to transfer funds from a standard account to an ISA account they force you to keep a minimum of £10 in the standard account. This £10 balance results in a £5 quarterly admin fee ie an APR of 200% (they take the fee from your ISA) or they charge you £62 to get your £10!

“grasping”

written by Elianae1953 on 25/05/2016

It just took them three weeks to close my account at a cost of £60 plus a new£2 charge to pay me by BACS! who else charges for BACS transfers? Why did it take three weeks? - because this new charge came in a few days ago. You cannot close your account via their site but have to download a form to fill out and post to them. I never received an email confirming receipt and had to send them one after three weeks had passed. All their communications are by email and no telephone numbers are listed for customer services. When I eventually received the money into my account I never received any confirmation of my account closure or the fees they had charged. They will probably raise the closure fee to £100 next , just so it is a round number.

“Unresponsive”

written by McCullough467 on 15/03/2016

Don't answer their email address. Very poor communication. Use to be cheaper than others but can't claim that these days.

“Very bad service,Hidden charges apply. ”

written by Martinkk244 on 11/11/2015

I had a standed share account, i had numbers of issue with my share holding with them. non of occasions they help me correctly. not helpful over the phone at all. not willing to explain or help. not will in to have a look in to the matter at all. I have very doubt about this company. It cost me £60.00 to close my account.

“Best. Efficient. Cheapest costs.”

written by Sherazade on 26/10/2015

Best broker.I have discovered Idealing through a friend's recommendations. I have been super suprised by their efficiency and their costs. The services are good and very reactive. They are the cheapest.

Mweaver2020's Response to Sherazade's Review

Written on: 23/12/2020

Best broker ? Honestly. Were you paid to write this review?

Or do you work for them ?

“awful after death of account holder”

written by on 12/10/2015

Following the death of my father idealing have been really difficult to deal with. They refused to release funds for inheritance tax (unlike pretty much everyone else he had investments with) and appear to put hurdle upon hurdle in the way as we try to close the account and transfer the money to the beneficiaries.

“Website not functioning and no phone number”

written by 27Schofield on 15/06/2015

I tried both https and from Google reference the contact link: the website is not functioning at all. I can open any other internet website.

“Completely poor response (none) to queries/complaints”

written by Tuckers74 on 31/05/2015

I have sent several communications over a period of a few months. 1. Re slowness in registering a change if address 2. Failure to send me deal confirmations for a number of trades 3. Closure of a position without my consent. Yet to receive a single response. If you want any kind of service. Suggest you go elsewhere. I will be moving my assets as soon as issues resolved. In fact so poor I will be complaining to the financial ombudsman.

“TOTAL LACK OF ACTION AND COMMUNICATION”

written by Smallfry on 08/05/2015

I've been trying to transfer my ISA to another broker for nearly two months. Have only had one letter with a transfer form and no responses to any e-mails so getting really fed up with their lack of customer care. About to send a registered letter of complaint off and if no reply then will be contacting the Ombudsman.