Veet In-Shower Hair Removal Cream Reviews

Veet In-Shower Hair Removal Cream - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Veet In-Shower Hair Removal Cream

“It WORKS”

written by Amazingbutterfly on 01/06/2013

I've been using nair and I have thick Indian hair and it never worked! The first time I used veet it worked so well! It's extremely smooth and I'm sooooo happy I found it! I seriously want to cry lol! It's perfect!!!!!! Use nair if you have thin hair though. Get the newest version of it by the way!

“ITCHY ITCHY ITCHY!!!”

written by on 25/08/2012

Veet hair removal cream is the most uncomfortable product in the world. After using it yes the hair did come off my legs but it is unbearably itchy! It feels like I have mosquito bites all up my legs. I would defiantly recommend NOT using this product and sticking to shaving as this does not make your legs itch.

“Only removed some of the finer hairs, and the was...”

written by on 11/08/2010

Only removed some of the finer hairs, and the was after leaving it on for the full 6 minutes, which I don't recommend as it caused some of my follicles to start bleeding. I think I'll just to sugaring from now on.

“i like this hair removal cream, it smells a littl but...”

written by on 03/08/2010

i like this hair removal cream, it smells a littl but the smell is easily washed off. i have used it on my legs and i have found that i have to use it for the full 6 minutes. i am confused about the "in shower" element as much of it is washed off easily in the shower and i find myself in an awkward position trying to avoid the stream of the shower. i plan to use it on my bikini line because i trust the product enough :)

“i really want my $10.00 back for this stuff didnt...”

written by on 10/07/2010

i really want my $10.00 back for this stuff didnt work at all!

“it absolutley does notwork at all! dson' twaste your...”

written by on 10/07/2010

it absolutley does notwork at all! dson' twaste your time or money on thisstuff. $10.00 and i got nothing for my money it doesnt work at sall ! don't be fooled. i was!it smels awful too!

“I just bought Veet in shower hair removal and it...”

written by kshneyderarwine on 03/05/2009

I just bought Veet in shower hair removal and it really does work! I have only used twice on my arms with a very thin layer both times and im a bit disapointed on how fast it goes. I have very thin arms so not much to cover and i didnt apply a load, i probably have enough left for about one more application for my arms. So using it on my legs would probably not give me more than two applications, esspecially given the fact that my legs are long. I also only left it on for about 5-6min and a small spot on my arm got burnt, probably a more sensitive area. But really over all it is a great product, it does exactlly what it says. I will be purchasing more today and i do want to try it on my legs and bikini line.

“So the points is that im a guy and i know they have...”

written by on 07/02/2009

So the points is that im a guy and i know they have the veet for guys but i just used the one my sister had, its the cream for the shower and i actually used it on my chest which you not suppost to i read. But it removed my thick hair, left me nice and smooth. my advice when doing it on the shower, dont used it and then use soap or shampo it iritates it, also since your pores are open its best to have a quick second in cold water before you live to close most of your pores up.you do get some little bumps after if your not carefull with what you wear because your pores are open.

“this is the best! its my very first time using any...”

written by on 31/08/2008

this is the best! its my very first time using any hair removal product, i always shaved my underarms and was sick and tired of razor bumps and the dark 5 o'clock shadow the day after. So i saw the commercial bought it and tried it in a small area of my underarm and then 24 hours later saw no rash so did my whole underarms, and like magic they seriously look waxed to perfection, i leave the cream on for 5 min. and then take it off with the rough side of the sponge i do circles and it works good. I will never shave my underarm again! woohoooo! I had even been thinking about laser hair removal for my underarms because they are so sensitive to shaving, but its so costly so now this makes my underarms look like if they were lasered! Its definitely worth the 5 mins to do because shaving makes my underarms look ugly, now i feel flawless.

“I haven't been using hair removal creams for very...”

written by rosalindmay on 27/06/2008

I haven't been using hair removal creams for very long. I had only used Veet 'debut' cream before, but it smelt awful. I spread it on my legs, (I accidentally used the rough side of the sponge so I got a few scratches, but that was my fault!). It comes out a nice creamy colour and texture, which made it look appealing and also made it easier to put on.
I had read all the previous reviews about it already on this website, so I decided not to wash my hair at the same time, but I had to rinse out the sponge, and I have to say I did notice how even when the water was hardly touching my legs, it did wash some of the cream off.
After the recommended amount of time, I wiped the cream of with the sponge. That took quite a long time because the sponge is quite small. It was sturdy enough to wipe of the cream and hairs, and didn't scratch my legs like the spatulas do.
The cream left my legs feeling soft and hair free, with only a few hairs left on my knees, which are always a hard part to do. I would definitely recommend this hair removal cream to other people.

“It worked just as promised, my legs are hair free,...”

written by superstar812 on 05/06/2008

It worked just as promised, my legs are hair free, soft, and fabulous. I highly recommend this product to anyone. Its just as easy as shaving but maybe takes 2 minutes longer, but lasts for about a week so definitely pays off! Unlike other hair removal products that create rashes on my very sensitive skin, Veet didn't!!! I'm in love with this product!!!!

“Mainly it an amazing product. It keeps me smooth I wax...”

written by on 30/04/2008

Mainly it an amazing product. It keeps me smooth I wax mainly on vacations or when I am really busy a certain week. But when I am not I rather use Veet in shower. Giving my legs and bikini line a break. I enjoy the product and have been using this product for almost 2 months.

“Although hair is growing back finer, due to having...”

written by jkl741 on 17/12/2007

Although hair is growing back finer, due to having very thick hair it is coming back in 2-3 days. Repeated use will probably lengthen time before it starts to grow back. Also while it does remove hair below the skin, I feel like professional waxing did remove hair more thoroughly though with a bit more time and discomfort.

“I didn't really know how much Veet In-Shower Hair...”

written by rozzywozzy on 04/09/2007

I didn't really know how much Veet In-Shower Hair Removal Cream to put on, but a thin layer is fine, as this removed all of my hairs.
The hairs did not even start to grow back until a week or so later, which was great.

“I used Veet In-Shower Hair Removal Cream for the first...”

written by Aimo on 29/08/2007

I used Veet In-Shower Hair Removal Cream for the first time the other day; not only on my legs, but as it says it is designed, also on my bikini line. So at first I was quite impressed by the results on my legs, after leaving the cream for the maximum recommended time of six minutes. As I washed the cream away my legs were, yes, perfectly smooth and felt moisturised, and to be honest much better then after shaving, with less of the hassle. However, as I washed it off my bikini line, I was brought up with a bleeding, itchy rash. Granted, it warns not to use on broken skin, but my skin was not broken. This was a completely unexpected reaction, and yes, to all who may comment, I did in fact do a spot test on my legs to test how my skin reacted, and it was all clear. So I was left with a red raw pain on my bikini line: obviously not very convenient. And moisturising this did not help either; in fact, it made it worse, and two days later it still is only just dying down. Not impressed.

Worst of all, when I got out of the shower, I found a painful spot on my knee. Upon further inspection I realised that the cream had removed a layer of skin from my knee.

I may have silky legs in places, but to be perfectly honest, I don't think it's worth it for the cuts, sores and rashes that I have developed.

371859_Superstar812's Response to 307671_Aimo's Review

Written on: 05/06/2008

I disagree with this review because, it says on the package not to keep it on for the maximum time, especially on a sensitive area such as the bikini area, the actual instructions say to keep it on for a total of 3 minutes, which you doubled, so if your skin is even the slightest bit sensitive of course it was going to hurt your skin, its a product that dissolves hair!!!

Read 1 Comment

“Even though I rinsed my hands thoroughly after...”

written by dot cotton on 15/07/2006

Even though I rinsed my hands thoroughly after applying the Veet In-Shower Hair Removal Cream (you can't help getting some on your fingers), when I got out of the shower I noticed a coating on my finger nails. Guess what? It removed the top coating from my nails. The ends are now flaking away, and they are very brittle.

I will not be using this again and I'm going to contact Veet. There is no mention of this in the instructions, and no mention of wearing gloves.

371859_Superstar812's Response to dot cotton's Review

Written on: 05/06/2008

I have a question, did you wash your hands with soap? because without the detergent in the soap there is no way that the product could be completely removed from your hands. Just to let you know it you ever want to give the product a try again.

Read 1 Comment

“I've always shaved my legs because hair removal creams...”

written by ceripa on 16/05/2006

I've always shaved my legs because hair removal creams have never worked for me. But (forever the optimist) I gave Veet In-Shower Hair Removal Cream a try. It went on easily and smelled good. I waited the full 6 minutes to give it as much hope as possible and...IT'S FABULOUS!! Why other people don't like it I don't know. It worked a treat for me, and I love it. I'm recommending it to everyone I know, and I want another bucket load in case they stop making it. Short summer skirts and sexy heels HERE I COME!!

“I have used Veet previously, in fact so long ago it...”

written by Clair on 11/04/2006

I have used Veet previously, in fact so long ago it was still know as Immac and the results were so so. To be honest it worked, but only on about 15% of the hairs.
Well I thought, times have changed, they must be doing well to afford all this great TV advertising. Also the thing I hated when using it before was the waiting around. You know, put the cream on, wait, then shower off. I 'm a busy women at least with a razor when its done its done. So time to try again, Veet's latest offering the In-Shower Hair Removal Cream.
First impressions it smells nice and the consistency is that of a thick nourishing cream. Once applied you have to wait one min before getting into the shower, then comes the difficult bit - getting in the shower and standing under it without your legs getting under the 'main stream' (surly if you have a shower the main stream runs down your body and this includes your legs). Now the true test! Does the cream dissolve whilst under the shower? Of course it does but in their defence more than 25% stayed on. As for removing hair well yes it too exceeded my expectations as it removed at least 12 - 13 hairs per leg. Recommend? I don't think so!

Bexbecky's Response to 182801_Clair's Review

Written on: 16/08/2007

I totally agree! FVeet In-Shower Hair Removal Cream is awful, and I can only imagine that it would work on fine 'downy' blonde hair. Half of the product washed off in the shower, I wasn't keen on the smell and it literally removed a couple of hairs...terrible!