Miele G 1140 SC 12-place setting dishwasher Reviews

Other
Height: 88 cm
Width: 59.8 cm
Depth: 60 cm

“I'm sad to report that our Miele G 1140 after 15...”

Written on: 19/12/2008 by richard102 (1 review written)

I'm sad to report that our Miele G 1140 after 15 months of use (16/12/08) gave up: my wife came home from the school run to a burning smell and the house rcd device (for 13-amp sockets) had tripped.

There was nothing else running so she unplugged the dishwasher plug and clicked the rcd switch back on.

Worse was to follow - The next day when I contacted Miele, where I had to endure a minefield of red-tape.

For instance I needed to get my house wiring checked and certified as safe before the… Read Full Review

“My trusty old eight-place setting Bosch had finally...”

Written on: 09/04/2006 by stenoboy (2 reviews written)

My trusty old eight-place setting Bosch had finally given up. I think it was just tired. I was sorry to see it go. It was manufactured in the 1990s when Bosch products were better made than they are now. I held a minute's silence by the skip into which it finally rested.

So the search was on for a new one. I did the thing we all do now: went in to Currys and had a look at various models on offer, then went home and online and checked out the prices. (Incidentally, Currys prices were… Read Full Review

Bertie's Response to stenoboy's Review

Written on: 24/05/2006

Lovely review up there stenoboy -- hoots mon och aye the noo! You deserve your prize.

Katexs's Response to stenoboy's Review

Written on: 15/08/2007

I didn't know which dishwasher to buy-until now! Going to splash out on one tomorrow. Had 2 AEG's in the last 9 years, both of them had pump problems (not cheap models either). Miele here I come.... by the way are you on commission from Miele?? ;o)

Stenoboy's Response to stenoboy's Review

Written on: 16/11/2006

A few months on: after writing this review, I changed my brand of rinse aid from Finish to Ecover, as well as using Ecover tablets to clean. The cleaning is brilliant - the Ecover tablets work extremely well. However, the rinse aid is another matter: most items were almost dry but still had drips on them, and glasses seemed to collect drips on the rim. I called the engineer to see if he could remedy the problem, and he increased the drying cycle. This was a bit daft really, as I was trying to be ecologically aware and using non-damaging products and fewer resources, and here was the engineer having to increase the drying time (and consequent use of more electricity) because the rinse aid wasn't doing the job properly!
<br/>
<br/>So, regrettably, I switched back to Finish rinse aid, and my crockery is sparkling and dry again (and I only have to use 3ml per wash as opposed to 6ml per wash with Ecover Rinse Aid with worse results).
<br/>
<br/>Otherwise, the Miele G 1140 SC 12-place setting dishwasher rocks! The sensor wash function (where it decides for you how much washing water is needed) is amazing. It really can cut the wash time by half if the dishes aren't too dirty or do not have dried on particles.
<br/>
<br/>The other fabulous thing about this machine is that it's whisper quiet. When the water is up to temperature, it's barely audible. Amazing stuff.
<br/>
<br/>Miele really do make quality appliances, and the couple of hundred quid extra you pay is really worth it. Go to a showroom and compare Miele with other brands, and take a close look at the engineering. You'll see that Miele has a more solid feel to it, and the build quality is so much better.

Read 3 Comments