Carmex Lip Balm Reviews

Media Gallery for Carmex Lip Balm

Carmex Lip Balm

“Works Great”

Written on: 28/05/2014

I've suffered from dry , chapped lips for about a year. I tryed lip scrubs (oil &sugar) I've tried exfoliating them with a toothbrush and nothing worked. It was only 3 months ago that my friend recommended carmex and since them my lips are much softer and I no longer get dry or cracked lips, the only thing is, is that you have to use it on a regular basis. Apart from that I think its great!

“Swollen Lips”

Written on: 05/11/2013

Woke up this morning and my lips were huge, swollen and blistery on top and just swollen on bottom. I immediately thought, an allergy reaction to our new puppy ??? something! Took Benadryl and iced it. Went to dr's and was told to throw away the Carmex! Funny I never did use that before, it was really the first time. My lips were chapped and I seen it at the ck out bought it and @[email protected]%#$*!!! $20+ bucks later....urgh!!!

“ITS THE BEST!”

Written on: 02/05/2013 by nunu17 (1 review written)

However i felt like i had to keep puuting it on.whenever `i where some it looks great and feels great as well.it made my lips really soft. my fave is the strawberry one because it has SPF15 and has a nice smell.for really dry lips try the aloe vera one.YOU MUST TRY IT!

“Best Lip Balm out there and I've tried them all!”

Written on: 29/01/2013 by fayviolette (1 review written)

Perfect lipbalm, has a lovely honey/menthol scent and seems to soothe chapped and irritated lips, keeps them incredibly soft too :) also best lipbalm to put on underneath lipstick as it soaks into lips to deeply moisturise them rather than sitting in a greasy shiny layer on top! I have used it for years and although I've tried lots of different lipbalms over the years I always go back to Carmex :) Only slight downside I preferred the old black and yellow packaging as opposed to the newer yellow and red but thats just me being picky haha, the stuff inside the packaging is still the best around and I'd recommend it to anyone! Oh yeah and did I mention its only around £2.50 and lasts forever??

Fayviolette's Response to fayviolette's Review

Written on: 29/01/2013

Should mention its around £2.50 in Boots or Superdrug so I wouldnt buy online as it seems to be more expensive for some reason!

Read 1 Comment

“The perfect lip balm!”

Written on: 27/01/2013 by guyrwood (3 reviews written)

If you suffer from dry or cracked lips, especially in winter, give this stuff a try, it really does work. Only down side might be the smell but personally, I don't mind it at all.

“Beware of Cherry CARMEX lip balm”

Written on: 29/12/2012 by sue5 (1 review written)

Read about the wonder of Carmex and was having dry lips, so i bought a tube to take on holiday. It smelled good but applied well but i felt the stinging sensation on my lips. After a few hours, the area surrounding my lips felt numb and redness appeared and skin peeling. I stopped using the product and went on E45 cream followed by light application of E45 Hydrocortosone cream. The numbness/redness subsided after 4-5 days. Now i just stick to Vaseline on my lips...

“The best lip treatment I've ever used!”

Written on: 26/10/2012 by Ebonypaige (2 reviews written)

This is the perfect lip balm: it's light, smells good, it's clear and most importantly - IT BLOODY WORKS! I've suffered from dry lips for months now and I've tried pretty much everything, even the doctor prescribed me a steroid cream, which just dried my lips even more. One day I went into a Health and Beauty store and saw a flash of bright yellow on the lip care counter, it was Carmex. I bought it, obviously, not with much expectation, however. After 3 days, my lips have gone from looking as if they belong to a clown to pretty much how they orignally were! Carmex is magical, it should be a law for everyone to own it!

“Everythings good but the smell”

Written on: 31/08/2012 by Lainer (1 review written)

I lost my usual lip stuff and the shop I went to didn't have it so I got the carmex one instead. I love the feeling of it on and how plump it makes my lips but I really don't like the smell which is a shame, I can't see myself buying it again because my usual is better but I do think it's a good product and defently worth the price!

“Worse lip balm”

Written on: 10/07/2012

After first application my lips got swollen like hell. It dehydrated the lips and I got severe rashes. Please never use Carmax Lip balm:-(

Rgood1's Comment

Written on: 18/11/2012

Well you're probably just allergic to something in it, you should always do an allergy test before using new skin products... So it's a bit unfair to give them such a bad review and tell no one never to use the product.

Read 1 Comment

“This product is a must for dry lips, it is good value...”

Written on: 21/05/2010 by Josiee (4 reviews written)

This product is a must for dry lips, it is good value for money, as it lasts for ages, and works really quickly too. I had mine given to me from a friend who had been using this product for a long time, and I can honestly say that I wouldn't buy another brand name now :)
It comes in a small pot, which is very hand-bag friendly. I would definately reccommend this product!

“I first puchased Carmex whilst on holiday in Canada...”

Written on: 02/03/2010

I first puchased Carmex whilst on holiday in Canada for dry lips and a Cold Sore that was just starting. Absolutely fantastic results, not only did it cure my dry lips it stopped the Cold Sore dead and within the week all my ailments were cured. I wouldn't use anything else now.

Normskidoo

“Carmex Lip Balm makes my lips so soft, and just feel...”

Written on: 09/03/2009

Carmex Lip Balm makes my lips so soft, and just feel so stretchy. like when it's soaked in. i don't know, i just really like it.

“Straight after my painful permanent lipliner treatment...”

Written on: 19/08/2008 by violecukas1 (3 reviews written)

Straight after my painful permanent lipliner treatment I've started using Carmex Lip Balm on my lips every few hours and my lips healed within 3 days. It softens, nourishes and works as anti-septic. It's all you need in this case not to get an infection and keep your lips 24/7 moisturised. Although I don't really like the smell (it smells more like a medicine) I always have it in my bag in case I need to use as a SOS treatment for my lips. Also it's the best when you have painfuly cracked lip corners. Hope this helps.

“carmex is brilliant. as a self-confessed beauty...”

Written on: 24/07/2008 by berrylady (1 review written)

carmex is brilliant. as a self-confessed beauty junkie, i've tried my fair share of lipbalms, from the very cheap to the ridiculously expensive. i've never stuck with them because frankly they're never good enough, until i found carmex. now i've got all my friends using it and they love it too. it keeps your lips soft and smooth and stays on for ages, which is even better because it is sooooooo cheap. i even use it for other things, like putting it onto my eyebrows before i pluck them (it works because the menthol in it numbs your skin so it doesn't hurt). another great thing is that it comes in a pot, a tube and a stick, which is handy for me as i have long nails.

this is a classic product and no other lipbalm matches up to it's staying power or moisturising abilities. it is also very cheap, and the bright colour makes it easy to find in your bag.

“After using this product for 2 days I found that my...”

Written on: 25/05/2008

After using this product for 2 days I found that my lips went from chapped and dry to luscious and even seemed plumper too.

In a bright yellow tube/pot (depending on how you buy it) its easy to find anywhere! Also as its a glossy balm I can use it on a night out. I love this product and will continue to use it as it works and fits into my lifestyle. Good for people my budget too.

“Carmex is absolutely fantastic. My lips had been...”

Written on: 03/04/2008 by melon13 (1 review written)

Carmex is absolutely fantastic. My lips had been permanently chapped for weeks - I bought my Carmex on Tuesday and today (Thursday) after applying Carmex liberally for like two or three days they're absolutely fine. I'd never have believed it if I hadn't done it.

“I have used many products and wasted a lot of money. ...”

Written on: 18/12/2007

I have used many products and wasted a lot of money. That was until I was given Carmex Lip Balm. It was the first balm i used that works straight away. I'm now looking for this amazing balm on the Internet because our local chemist does not stock it anymore! Ive searched many other chemists and no one stocks this product keep up the good work! 12 out of 10

“On my chapstick list. If you have chapped lips I would...”

Written on: 23/06/2007 by Kenzie532 (2 reviews written)

On my chapstick list. If you have chapped lips I would use Carmex Lip Balm, but if you are wanting to protect your lips I would try something else, because, trust me, it's really addictive!

“Carmex is a German make of lip balm. It is in a bright...”

Written on: 07/04/2006 by Miss Isle (11 reviews written)

Carmex is a German make of lip balm. It is in a bright yellow packaging with a bright red lid. This makes it very easy to find on the shelves. It is found in most superstores and chemists which makes it easy to get hold of. It is a squeezy design tube which makes it easy to control the amount that comes out. It gives you that sort of tingly feeling in your lips that means that it is healing well. A very good product from a not so well known brand.

Asked by Stormie3 on 24th December 2015 Report this content
I use to be able to purchase Carmex tinted lip balm but can't find it anymore. Loved the touch of color to the lip balm. Where can I find it?

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site