Citibank US Dollar Current Account Reviews

• Ease of use

Citibank US Dollar Current Account - Ask a question now

“after googling dollar accounts I thought Citibank...”

Written on: 23/02/2011

after googling dollar accounts I thought Citibank looked the most appropriate for my needs. After filling in an online form which questioned in detail how I would use the account, i.e monthly deposit/spend and regularity, I then received 2 further calls asking me the same questions. I have then received another letter asking for further documentation, this process has already taken 3 weeks. In summary, AVOID CITIBANK! DONT WASTE YOUR TIME!… Read Full Review

“I applied for a UK-based US dollar account with...”

Written on: 26/02/2010 by yoyou (1 review written)

I applied for a UK-based US dollar account with Citibank. What followed was several months of frustration: letters asking for information and paperwork already provided; futile phone conversations with call centre staff; the dispension of conflicting information; etc. In the end, I was informed that my application had lapsed and I would have to re-apply. I will not be doing so, I should not have bothered in the first place.
As someone with a strong financial history and many accounts based in… Read Full Review

“I travel to the USA at least once a year, and wanted a...”

Written on: 17/11/2007 by jfknight (2 reviews written)

I travel to the USA at least once a year, and wanted a current account so I can get cash in $ easily. The account works well enough for this purpose, and even though many ATM's warn that you will be charged for withdrawals it's never happened yet, not sure why,

Overall it's been good, I've had few problems though it used to be very hard to pay my dollar Amex card bill - it wasn't possible over the Internet, and doing it over the phone resulted in £50 charges for paying a $75 bill for… Read Full Review