Solos Holidays Reviews - www.solosholidays.co.uk

• Quality of food

Solos Holidays www.solosholidays.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Solos Holidays www.solosholidays.co.uk

Solos Holidays www.solosholidays.co.uk

“Beware of Solos Holidays - no refunds”

Written on: 08/10/2020 by dave589 (1 review written)

I, like many others have been waiting since April for a refund on my cancelled holiday. Every month Solos tell a different story and refuse to refund cash. Now I am told they do not know when they can make a refund. Is disgraceful action from a travel company. Solos are still advertising new holidays and taking money but will not refund. Avoid this company and do not give any money to them. When I read on other review areas many other people have bad experiences with solos and are waiting… Read Full Review

“Worst accommodation ever - filthy, unsafe and smelly”

Written on: 09/06/2018

Just came back from a holiday in Corfu with them and I will never use them again. The rooms were in a terrible state: filthy toilets, dirty bedsheets, shower curtain not long enough so the water would go everywhere, rusty old sinks, wardrobe reeking of humidity. Sadly all hotels were fully booked otherwise I would have moved out. Other travellers had to buy cleaning products and clean their rooms or wires coming out the wall near the shower (!) and electric shocks when putting the lights on… Read Full Review

“Over priced De Luxe apartment”

Written on: 19/07/2017 by 499Green (1 review written)

The Fabulous Lanzarote apartment at Sun Park Living was sold to us as De Luxe which means superior excellent top value. It was none of these. It was a standard apartment for which we paid nearly twice as much as the advertised standard apartments for a two week stay. Various problems emerged with the apartment including broken tap, loose shower handrail, unpredictable shower water flow and heat,no English users guide for the cooker, no fridge freezer, only three cups and other crockery so… Read Full Review

“Stayed in a Awfull Hotel”

Written on: 24/01/2017 by 317Sanders (1 review written)

I booked with solos as I wanted to go away . However it turned into a holiday nightmare . The age range was 42 to 89 . Most people where over 65 . But what I did not prepare for was the awfull hotel I stayed in . In Malta . Dirty room , opposite lift . Food was disgusting in restaurant . Overall a horrible holiday . Because I believe they book hotels other people would not stay at . Malta itself is a dump… Read Full Review

“Basic Club Solo's”

Written on: 27/10/2016 by Jakobej41 (1 review written)

Decided to try the concept at an exclusive Club Solo's property in Porto Cristo. There was a price reduction or I would never have booked. Es Nautico Suites offers clean, basic accommodation with brilliant staff who go out of their way to look after guests. However, the experience was spoiled by the host who spent the majority of the week badmouthing the company, hotel owner, local agent and guests. The unprofessional behaviour soured the holiday right from the start. Solo's charges a huge… Read Full Review

“Misleading Brochure and Poor Customer Service”

Written on: 22/07/2016 by Hickey388 (1 review written)

I have recently returned from holiday at Thinali Gardens, Corfu which was described in the brochure and on the website at the time I booked as a "beautiful newly renovated" hotel . This was blatantly untrue. I heard only 6 of the 20 rooms were updated. I was only expecting simple accommodation but my room was much smaller and darker than others with tired, scruffy decor. My bathroom had crumbling grout and an unpleasant smell, there were thin well used pillows, one on each of the 2 beds… Read Full Review

“the guide was rude, lazy and unhelpful”

Written on: 24/06/2016 by dkMacPherson358 (1 review written)

The guide behaved like she was on holidays herself and treated the group as a nuisance. I submitted a complaint and am waiting for Solos response. Stay away, there are plenty of such companies on the market so I am sure you can do better… Read Full Review

“Rude Customer Service from Solosholidays.co.uk ”

Written on: 11/07/2015 by vibbertybelle (2 reviews written)

Booked a Norway holiday with Solos. Realised two days before leaving that I had not had tickets. Rang Solos, spoke to a man and then a woman. They both said it was not their fault the etickets had not arrived, it was BT's fault and that I was to complain to BT as none of their emails were getting through to BT email addresses. I asked if they could send by special delivery, they said no, only if I paid for it. They would send by 1st class (which takes 2 days to reach this village and would… Read Full Review

“Error on invoice ”

Written on: 04/02/2015 by Farmcat1 (1 review written)

I'm booked to go on my second solos holiday in two weeks. They have just contacted me to say the invoice issued was arong as they forgot to charge for the flight. I have to pay another £900. Or they cancel my holiday. Is this legal?… Read Full Review

“Lanzarote Xmas & New Years Holiday is for only 60+ years”

Written on: 14/01/2015 by mrRay289 (1 review written)

Lanzarote Xmas & New Years Holiday is for the 60+ only. If not in that age group do not bother, you will be disappointed. It is overpriced and worth shopping around… Read Full Review

“Lanzarote Xmas & New Year Holidays suitable for only 60+ ”

Written on: 14/01/2015 by 360Hess (1 review written)

In fairness to anyone planning a holiday with solos over Xmas & New Year to Lanzarote if you are not 60+ years please do not bother though Solos sale this holiday as "all ages" which is not the reality. It is a very expensive holiday and if you want value for money do shop around elsewhere. I wonder what reputation the group has at the hotel because it was always the last in the restaurant when everyone had left....I heard quite negative comments in general this is true I am not making it up. … Read Full Review

“Solo's - if they cancel, they don't care!”

Written on: 19/02/2014 by ScottishStrawberry (1 review written)

I have had a great time on Solo's holidays before now, and would have recommended them unreservedly until today, but no more. Be warned that if things don't turn out as expected, even if through no fault of yours, this company is entirely without sympathy or even an ounce of goodwill. Its customer service is woeful. I was booked to go to Morocco in 5 weeks' time, but Solo's phoned me this morning to say that my holiday had been cancelled due to lack of take-up. I was offered other options or a… Read Full Review

Dollylolly's Response to ScottishStrawberry's Review

Written on: 02/02/2015

Well said thanks for the warning!!!!!!! I was to bout to book a holiday with them that's why I looked at the reviews and I have since read that the hotels and food is very poor

Read 1 Comment

“Gary Haskins”

Written on: 05/12/2013 by lornaloan (1 review written)

I am just home from Lanzarote, great group of 20 and Gary Haskins is brilliant, he looks after every single member and no pressure what ever to do anything, his walks are delight and cost nil, every member praised him and I would ask if he was rep before booking next trip, second time I have had him as rep and feel like he is an old friend, is never pushy and always there for everyone. I do agree prices are high but if hotels and reps stay the same I will certainly go another. Lorna Loan… Read Full Review

“A holiday is what you make it.”

Written on: 08/08/2013

I have travelled with solo's on various occasions both at home and abroad and I can honestly say that I have enjoyed every single one ! That's because I have allowed myself to enjoy them. Nobody is going to enjoy a holiday if they go with the mindset that the people are going to be awful,the hotel is going to be terrible and the tour operator is profiteering ,but unfortunately people do . I have found that on every solos holiday and other singles holiday there's always a group of like minded… Read Full Review

Written on: 24/01/2017

Do you work for them . If they send people to awfull hotels . It's a bit arrogant to blame anyone . Who pays good money , to not tell other people about a bad holiday experience .
Life is what you make of it . But if you get treated badly you must say so . Only a clown in a circus pretends to be happy . When he is not . Their customers are not clowns . They pay .

Read 3 Comments

“Lanzarote Holiday”

Written on: 15/02/2013

I went to Lanzarote two years ago with Solos and thought the holiday was over-priced and the hotel was not great. The rep. was too over-powering and never left people alone to relax. If he had his way, one would be expected to participate in activities all the time. This is supposed to be a sun holiday and all I wanted to do was sit in the sun and chill out. The night time was the same - before dinner, we had a quiz or some other competition. Meal times were an embarrasment - a big Solos… Read Full Review

“Lanzarote Holiday”

Written on: 15/02/2013

“Rubbish , boring, over priced.”

Written on: 05/07/2012

This was my first and last holiday, with solo travel,the people were boring, no intellectual conversation,I didnt want to discuss the price of cabbages, It was obvious, they were from very different back grounds,it was boring, so I done most things on my own,stayed on my balcony to read my book,the way this holiday is arranged, it makes you look like a herd of animals, all walking down the street,one morning I was discussing how awful,some of the food was,and a very arrogant, and ignorant… Read Full Review

Jane3A2B1's Comment

Written on: 15/08/2012

I totally agree with this review. I've just come back from Zante and this has been the worst holiday in my whole life. Interaction with other people was extremely superficial. Main interest of most women was gossip, apart a few who were focused on finding someone to sleep with. The main interest of men was alchool. The intellectual level of conversations was null. So I decided to stay on my own, and made my own holiday. And that would have been enough for me, if just the tour guide didn't come every now and then to bother me. He was "worried" that I was not integrated in the group. I pointed out several times that I just wanted to be on my own. But that didn't refrain him from bother me again and again, spoiling my days. I found his behaviour intrusive and manipulating.
The cultural level of the tour guide was not suitable for the explanation that you would expect when visting historical places. He could just tell us stories or jokes.
Solos holidays prices are quite high. In particular this holiday is more expensive than other summer resorts and for the price you pay you really don't want to live such a awful experience
This year I booked my holiday too late to have a choice, and I ended up with this s... Hope not to have to repeat this experience again.

Lynmilne's Comment

Written on: 25/10/2012

I have had two great Solo holidays, great company and much laughter. And I got a tan!!!!!

Jane100's Comment

Written on: 07/11/2012

I've had two solos holidays,never again... and being in a heard is good description. The people are dull, complaining, sad individuals who gossip about everyone one.The woman are rude and if your lucky enough not be spoken about for being different, you may at least enjoy the sunshine. Its like being on big brother, hideous nasty people Solo add about 1000 on a normal holiday for this privilege and make you all eat together with a big sign on the table saying Sole, or should it say Sado!!

Clawton's Comment

Written on: 03/10/2016

I complained about the tour guide who repeatedly made fun of me on the holiday but he did not change. Because of this I tried to stay out of his way and missed out a bit on the community of a singles holiday. Head office was no help at all; once you have paid that is it. If you do not enjoy an experience you are not likely to book again. I realise that a lot of people have great holidays with Solos; me included, but be wary if you have reason to complain. I will not be using them again. I am retired and have had five holidays this year and plan to continue but my money will be going elsewhere. They have lost at least five thousand pounds. Per annum.

Read 4 Comments

“Ski trip to Trois Vallees”

Written on: 03/11/2011 by squealer (1 review written)

Booked Solo's Xmas ski break some years ago to Meribel. High price which I was willing to pay - single & not wanting to spend Xmas in UK & keen skier I accepted the cost - relieved to have Xmas sorted out in hotel right in centre of top resort. Received very cagey voicemail after 2 days from Solos advising they 'not happy with hotel & have booked us into much nicer one.' Weird that they would suddenly change hotel with about 1 month before we were due to go. Surely if hotel was not right they… Read Full Review

“I just thought I would put a little something about...”

Written on: 04/02/2011 by energylightbulbs (3 reviews written)

I just thought I would put a little something about all the Solos reps I have met over the last 10 or so years.

They are brilliant.

When you travel with other companies you get a board on a wall in you hotel that tells you your rep will be at your hotel for half an hour on Tuesdays and Thursdays and heres a telephone number for emergencies.

The Solos reps really go above and beyond the call of duty. They are dedicated to their individual group, they stay with us on trips, they eat with us in… Read Full Review

Cassandra2013's Response to energylightbulbs's Review

Written on: 25/02/2013

I have been on several Solo's holidays and have had mixed
experiences - some good and some bad holidays - mostly over-priced, which is the reason I have recently holidayed with other 'independent traveller companies. Some good and some bad reps too.

Read 1 Comment

“I find your holidays a rip off you have just sent me a...”

Written on: 24/12/2010

I find your holidays a rip off you have just sent me a blurb for holidays that are so expensive its laughable. 7 nights in feuraventura £899!!!!!!
you are having a laugh Saga here I come The holiday I had in Cyprus was awful it was capped by having a picnic lunch by the side of the road sat on the side served out off the luggage bay of the coach… Read Full Review