Plymouth Voyager Sport Reviews

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

Plymouth Voyager Sport - Ask a question now

“I took my Plymouth Voyager in at 59,755 miles to get...”

written by pblake5 on 07/10/2003

I took my Plymouth Voyager in at 59,755 miles to get transmission checked because it was making noise and not shifting correctly. They changed two belts and performed a transmission service, which turned out to be a flush, total repair cost $290. I drove the car out of the lot with it making more noise than when I took it in. It's back in the shop and now they tell me I need a torque converter and a complete transmission rebuild. They are holding off on the repairs while they wait for authorization from Chrysler. My extended warranty is up in two months and they seem reluctant to fix my car being so close to warranty. I fear having to get a lawyer to make them stand behind their product and their warranty they sold me.

“4 cyl. engine is not mechanically sound. It has...”

written by K.C.. on 09/05/2001

4 cyl. engine is not mechanically sound. It has history of having to be rebuilt often. Also the transmission has the same problem. At 48,000 miles, my engine had to be rebuilt. Now at 57,000 miles, engine trouble again and transmission needs work. Costs of repairs is astronomical compared to Ford or Chevy.

2681_Ken.'s Response to 2070_K.C..'s Review

Written on: 29/06/2001

I'm sure what he says about the Plymouth Voyager is true. At least on the earlier Plymouth and Dodge mini van's transmission. I drove by a transmission shop four times a day. Every week I would see three or four Dodge or Plymouth mini vans on the outside lifts. From what I was told once by a mechanic. These Chrysler products take a different type of transmission fluid. Some garages don't put the correct brand in. Also, some Chrysler models require more frequent change of fluid in their transmissions. Usually around 15,000 miles.