AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4800+ 2.50GHz Reviews

• Ease of Set Up

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4800+ 2.50GHz - Ask a question now

“I personally do not own an AMD 64 X2 4800+ processor,...”

written by kiyawhite on 19/11/2006

I personally do not own an AMD 64 X2 4800+ processor, but as a PC builder I have my opinions of it.

When I come to building PC's today, as regards choosing a processor, I'd always go for the option of having an AMD 64 of some sort. However, this time I thought "why not go for something even better?" So that's what I did. For £120 of the £450 budget, I got this beauty of a processor at the top end of the AMD 64 range.

Putting a PC together is generally fun, and inserting a processor into it's socket is always a very easy job, and that rule didn't change for this processor. However, as with all processors that fit a Socket AM2, installation of the heatsink was extremely difficult and fiddly, so please don't buy this processor if you often loose your temper, as you're sure to easily break the socket or the heatsink!

After installation of the rest of the PC, the time comes to install an OS (Operating System). With this processor it was amazing to see how quickly data came out of the OS disc, processed in the AMD processor and then saved onto the hard drive; it was an unbelievable speed. The standard 39 minutes of installation time disappeared, and it became about 15! This of course made me very happy.

Once the OS is installed you can start enjoying your PC. I immediately wanted to use burn-in software (software that trials a piece of hardware to its limits to see how well it works) to see how good the processor actually was, and it passed all of its tests wonderfully.

Now that the PC is at its owners, I don't stop hearing remarks about how great the performance is from the AMD 64 X2 4800+ processor! Multi-tasking, gaming and mathematical processing in the background are all of brilliant standards.

“I really like the AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ chip and it's...”

written by themaninthevan2001 on 29/03/2006

I really like the AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ chip and it's powerful. It loads games like nothing, and programmes to amazing speeds. I'd say they're getting better then Pentiums, but Pentiums are still in front though. The AMD Sempron's are another great buy. The 3000+ 64 bit version costs around 60 pounds in the shops, and the AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ costs around 400 pounds.