Windermere, Fayrer Garden House Hotel Reviews

Windermere, Fayrer Garden House Hotel - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Windermere, Fayrer Garden House Hotel

Windermere, Fayrer Garden House Hotel

“simply fantastic”

Written on: 12/07/2011 by pinnacle96 (34 reviews written)

What can I say about this hotel, My new wife and I had our wedding reception here, it was a small wedding but the impression left by the staff will be unforgotten. Before we had even booked here we popped in for a chat, well the manager Mark was spot on in all we could ask for, with a can do approach that couldnt be beaten. The hotel itself is an old large house, sitting in suptious gardens with superb views of the lake. the room was a supeior suit with the same views of the lake with… Read Full Review

“Lets be right, this hotel will be well suited to the...”

Written on: 28/08/2008

Lets be right, this hotel will be well suited to the retiring kind but if you are looking for a hotel with good public rooms and some life about it then I think there are plenty of far superior hotels nearby. Having read other reviews I was deeply disappointed with what I found and I think they created the wrong impression of the hotel. Yes the food is very good but not exceptional in my opinion and the staff are very helpful, but otherwise the hotel lets itself down in my view. I found the… Read Full Review

“On arrival ”

Written on: 28/03/2006 by piglet1980 (12 reviews written)

On arrival
Fayrer Garden House Hotel is on the lake, it has a nice driveway, leading up to a cottage and the house hotel.
We entered reception through some very old original doors,lovely! There was a guest book with hundreds of good reviews, they had walks printed out and five cost just £1.50. On the reception desk they had the weather for the day and the predicted weather for the morning. The receptionist had written about her drive to work and where to take care(ice etc) Our room was ready… Read Full Review

Jimmski's Response to piglet1980's Review

Written on: 25/04/2006

Ha ha - you beat me to a review of this place!. I totally agree - it really is up there with one the THE best small hotels I've ever stayed at. In fact a group of is (12 lads) stayed there for 2 years on the trot using it as a base for walking up Scafell. It was so good!
The ambience is fab, the food is fab (excellent value), they have some nice beers although shame they don't have them on tap.

Also they're very accommodating. They did us packed lunches, suggested local info and really looked after us. We even got a very good group rate. I can't recommend the place enough.

My only adverse comment is that last year they changed their policy so that if you stay for a weekend you have to eat there so it doesn't give you a chance to eat elsewhere. However with food as good as they provide you might as well not bother!

Read 1 Comment