MG ZR 1.8 120+ Reviews

• Practicality

• Reliability

MG ZR 1.8 120+ - Ask a question now

“vroom!”

Written on: 20/06/2012 by Bamdat (1 review written)

So far so good. I bought this 2002 for £1200 at 61,000 miles. Previous owner had replaced the head gasket so no worries there. The pure 'zippy-ness' of this car makes it great fun to drive, though after driving a tiny compact Nissan i really have to watch my speed. Petrol consumption is a little high i would say, but then you can't have 'zip' for nothing. Its roomy and at eight years old its still stylish. I always wanted an MG Sports car but have to think of the family, so this has got… Read Full Review

“love the colour of my mg light blue with sport seats...”

Written on: 18/06/2009 by taisan (1 review written)

love the colour of my mg light blue with sport seats very cool all my mates are dyin to get a lift just bought it so need some time drivin it to see how it gose overall will let every one knows… Read Full Review

“MG ZR 1.8 120+. I previously had a C3 semi automatic...”

Written on: 19/01/2009 by georgiebabe (1 review written)

MG ZR 1.8 120+. I previously had a C3 semi automatic 1.6 which is nothing compared to this fun sporty little car! I have the stepspeed and mostly drive it in automatic the engine sound fab when i put my foot down! I paid £2499 for an 04 reg 44,125 miles, not sure if that is a good price but i love the car, it's a sexy little thing turns head and best of all leaves all the boys trying to over take me long gone in the distance behind me! My sun roof leaks and my horn doesn't work but am trying… Read Full Review

“Firstly, I got my 02 MG ZR 120 cheaper (£5000 at the...”

Written on: 23/01/2008 by Paddy24 (1 review written)

Firstly, I got my 02 MG ZR 120 cheaper (£5000 at the time) because I bought it just before Christmas and the dealer was giving them away with bottles of oil and for the money it has been a good little car. For a non-turbo 120hp car I've had it do 0-60 in 8 seconds (enough to beat a fair few BMW drivers) and the engine over 3000 revs sounds fantastic. There is enough room for the family and the shopping and other than the head gasket blowing, I've not had any problems with the engine. The… Read Full Review

“This MGZR sports car has been my best purchase car...”

Written on: 09/12/2004 by Maxfly (1 review written)

This MGZR sports car has been my best purchase car wise, its the best fun to be had for this price on four wheels! It turns heads and you cant help but admire it when you look at it and know its yours! Show this car twisty stuff and it will love you for it, very well weighted steering and a surprisingly pliant motorway ride, the interior is not as bad as many make it out to be, although I did have a door card come loose but that was fixed promptly by my dealer who are very friendly and helpful!… Read Full Review

“I bought the 1.8 120+ MG ZR Sports Car in april 2004....”

Written on: 16/11/2004 by edon (1 review written)

I bought the 1.8 120+ MG ZR Sports Car in april 2004. Its by far the best car i've had apart form the reverse gear and the doors rattling. Its extremely quick off the mark and the look of this car from rover is very attractive to other motorists. I think I got the best colour with the x power gray… Read Full Review

“I purchased an MG ZR+ 120 back in November 2002 of...”

Written on: 02/06/2004 by Clarkie26 (1 review written)

I purchased an MG ZR+ 120 back in November 2002 of which I was very excided. Unfortunately the excitement has reduced and I have finally resorted to purchasing a different car. As you will be able to see from a review I wrote a number of months ago, I was totally impressed with the vehicle even taking its faults into account.
My position has now changed, I may have been an unfortunate one off, but I will now no longer recommend another to purchase an MG ZR.

The car overall did meet all of my… Read Full Review

“I have recently purchased an MG ZR+ 120, British...”

Written on: 27/12/2002 by Clarkie26. (1 review written)

I have recently purchased an MG ZR+ 120, British Racing Green, and added the 17" wheeles and side seal finishers (Side skirting as it used to be called at one point.). The car on a whole is very good, the handling is superb and seats comforible. I am still currently in the running in period (Following details on the net, not manufatures hand book), and so have not been able to take over 5k RPM yet - only 400 miles to go though. The power within the engine is prity consistent within th 1-5… Read Full Review

92776_Tommy.'s Response to Clarkie26.'s Review

Written on: 27/04/2003

You are a great gezzer!!!!!!!!!!
<br>I can tell you some performance statistics about the mg zr 120! 0-60 = 8.6 secs ( manufacturer figures) 117 break horsepower. top speed is 119 mph.
<br>I have a MG ZR 160.

Gmc's Response to Clarkie26.'s Review

Written on: 18/08/2004

Great review, I have just bought myself the 105+ (being only 17) so the power will no doubt not be up to the 120/160 standards, but the power is still there however. Mine is silver with the side sills and only 16" alloys but i will soon be looking to replace them with some 18" ones. Its a great first car and absolutely blows all other clio's, corsa's and other such first cars out the way which is a great feeling. Looks, drive, power and great interior aswell what more could anyone ask for, although i was dissapointed that the electric windows did not come as standard and also the price to upgrade to air conditioning was a bit heavy. Otherwise great car and wherever i go i get noticed in it.

107851_Andy.'s Response to Clarkie26.'s Review

Written on: 16/06/2003

Just got myself a 120+ in jet black(or what ever name they wanna call it) besides lookin a beast with the black tinted windows and Personalised numberplate, it handles a treat, and when i break it in properly ill be gettin a few bits and bobs that apparently bring the power up to the 160's level, read and purchase for yourself at: www.mikesatur.co.uk
<br>Its a top Fanny magnet too, cant go wrong with this motor!

Read 3 Comments