MG ZR 1.8i Trophey SE Reviews

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

MG ZR 1.8i Trophey SE - Ask a question now

“I bought the MK2 MG ZR 1.8i Trophy SE in September on...”

Written on: 15/10/2005 by desdesigner (8 reviews written)

I bought the MK2 MG ZR 1.8i Trophy SE in September on an 05 plate from The Car People after a good friend of mine purchased the MK2 1.4 version. I was so impressed with the handling and power I decided to get one which I managed to do three days later (Most expensive impulse buy yet).

First impressions were of joy as I have seen the MK1 and the interior hardly deviates from the Rover 25. The level of trim is excellent with comfy bucket seats, air-conditioning, cd/mp3 player, electric windows… Read Full Review

“This is the second MG ZR I have owned in two and a...”

Written on: 06/08/2005 by Rob ZR (1 review written)

This is the second MG ZR I have owned in two and a half years. The first was the original base 105 zr, which although it was a great drive had no extras like electric windows, central locking, etc.
I then changed this for the New ZR and wow, improved handling, better interior, higher spec for the new base model. These are a really great car for a reasonable price and only being 22, the low insurance group is a huge plus!… Read Full Review

“I bought this MG ZR sports car mainly because of the...”

Written on: 04/11/2004 by David Palmer (1 review written)

I bought this MG ZR sports car mainly because of the look of it and a great price with the dealer, I picked it up on the 3rd September 2004, the first things it had to go in for was the accelerator pedal having too much play on it and the bitting point of the clutch was right at the bottom. Both problems were sorted out. It then went in for a new gear knob because the old one kept coming off when I changed gear, even after it was changed this still happens. If I have to break hard at high speed… Read Full Review

Holly2222's Response to David Palmer's Review

Written on: 01/01/2005

Just sell it & buy a skoda Oct vrs - prepared to be amazed!

Dynamo's Response to David Palmer's Review

Written on: 15/09/2005

I sometimes have a problem with reverse gear in that it sometimes won't go in first time, but it happens less often now so maybe there's a knack to it. I've never had any problems with build quality and I've never heard of gear knobs coming off and I know a lot of ZR owners.
<br>
<br>As for the guy telling us about the Skoda, prepared to be amazed at how much better the ZR is?

Read 2 Comments