Holden Vectra CD 2.2 Reviews

• Reliability

Holden Vectra CD 2.2 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Holden Vectra CD 2.2

Holden Vectra CD 2.2

“Great experience with this car.”

Written on: 19/09/2013 by kama09 (1 review written)

I own a Holden Vectra for almost three years and I never had a problem with it. Great fuel consumption for a sedan and with a lot of space to carry things. Love it… Read Full Review

“I purchased a second hand 2001 Holden Vectra Equipe 18...”

Written on: 03/05/2010

I purchased a second hand 2001 Holden Vectra Equipe 18 months ago and although I have had some issues with it I would still reccomend it to anybody looking a for a reliable sleek looking car. I have recently discovered an issue with it which as I have figured out, can work out to be very costly. The car had 2 cracks in the exhaust manifold which I had to get fixed, I was quoted $1,200.00 to get this replaced, or either fit extractors on it for $650.00. In my circumstance I choose to have the… Read Full Review

“I owned a Holden Vectra for over a year and it was...”

Written on: 14/02/2002 by mike. (1 review written)

I owned a Holden Vectra for over a year and it was never out of the garage with silly problems. Road holding was poor and the routemaster was very annoying. Also not a lot of room inside as it seemed a very narrow car. I now own a scenic which I find superior in every way… Read Full Review

“After driving an aging TX3 turbo that any and every 14...”

Written on: 07/01/2002 by Cam. (1 review written)

After driving an aging TX3 turbo that any and every 14 yr old could/would break into I wanted a car that no one would bat an eye lid at. With the Holden Vectra, I think I got the right car. FYI, I have a 2001 2.2 Vectra CD.
Car has returned to the Dealer 3 times for warranty work. It was delivered in Sept 2001… Read Full Review

“I enjoy the Vectra very much. It is loaded to the hilt...”

Written on: 24/08/2001 by Peter. (1 review written)

I enjoy the Vectra very much. It is loaded to the hilt with features. This is my first Holden for over 10 years and I had some doubts but this Vectra has proven itself. Sorry about the other owners having trouble with theirs, my car was actually an ex GM car so maybe it was fixed up by the dealer… Read Full Review

5952_Vlad.'s Response to 3711_Peter.'s Review

Written on: 17/11/2001

I am also one of the satisfied owners of a Vectra.
<br>Sedan, 2.2 litre, manual - Getrag gearbox.
<br>Great handling / ride combination, very good performance and fuel economy for the size.
<br>The only thing I would like to coment about is the gearbox ratios - great for highway cruising, but a little too tall for city driving.
<br>Have had it for 12 months, and so far has been 100% reliable.
<br>Before I purchased this vehicle, I tested a number of other mainly Japanese cars in the similar class (Toyota Camry, Mazda 626). The Japanese cars had a slightly better fit & finish then Vectra, but when it came to driving, none of them performed or handled anywhere near as competently as the Vectra.
<br>
<br>P.S. I am trying to locate a workshop manual (not a factory one from Holden) - would appreciate information if anyone knows where I can get in Melbourne.
<br>Kind regards.

Read 1 Comment

“A lot of Vectra's (Sydney Morning Herald claims ALL...”

Written on: 18/07/2001 by Matt. (1 review written)

A lot of Vectra's (Sydney Morning Herald claims ALL Vectra's) have problems with the IAC motor, crank/cam shaft, power steering, etc, etc. Holden - the manufacturer in Australia - is not very helpful. Although the dealers will keep fixing the problems while it's under warranty, they will offer no guarantees once the warranty runs out. Dealers don't know how to fix the problems and rely on information from Holden engineering to do fixes (okay, so that's probably normal for all cars). You can… Read Full Review

Ngamoko.'s Response to 2975_Matt.'s Review

Written on: 29/07/2001

Re Holden Vectra,
<br>Have a 1997 2litre manual Vectra (imported)done 74000ks. No problems so far except small "niggles" like radio, roof lining coming down, mufflers, air conditioning. However, no motor problems, handles well although have 205 tyres, what a difference that made should be put on as standard. Went from a BMW to Vectra. Will put up the Vectra dollar for dollar against a standard 3 series BMW anyday. You think you have problems with your Vectra. Enjoy driving the Vectra but feel that it can be improved. However, Holden dont listen to the likes of you and me, come to think of it neither did BMW and I dont own one now.
<br>Regards,
<br>Ngamoko.

7537_Ken.'s Response to 2975_Matt.'s Review

Written on: 18/12/2001

I bought my vectra in july 1997 and have done just on 30,000 km. the car was a demonstration model from a sydney holden. Bought the hatch which is manufactured in belgium -quality of paintwork and general finish is excellent and the car handles like a dream - bought the 2lite automatic version and stuck with the dealer servicing itup to the expiration of the warranty period - 3 years or 100,000km. yes we had a few problems but thankfully all were fixed - lucky i have an eagle eye, fist problem was the car just stalled when i was doing 70kph - part was replaced the next day. however the dealer said all i had to do was turn off the ignition and it would fix itself as a temporary solution. next problem was the catalytic converter apparently broke down inside and sent its contents from that spot right to the rear bumper - no power - so dealer replaced the converter and complete exhaust system - thank heaven for warranty, that happened at the 2 year old mark and was valued at almost $2000 Aussie for part and labour - shortly after that there was a "clunking" or "banging" sound coming from the first muffler so i had the dealer replace that muffler under warranty - we had 4 weeks remaining on our warranty. the car developed a minor oil leak around the sump area at about 20,000 km - and a new gasket was installed. yes we have had our problems, but the past 12 months have been trouble free - i now do the basic servicing myself - oil filter, air filter, spark plugs, battery acid catcher and save myself a small fortune - who wants to pay $100 and more for 5 litres, an oil filter and about 15 minutes labour. by the way i had to buy a special socket and bit to even get the sump plug off - worth the initial $20 investment - estimate will save me hundreds of dollars each year. My tip hopefully to get lots of kilometres out of the 2 litre engine, change the oil regularly (every 3 months and for me that probably every 3,000km)it is a $15 dollar investment. Why listen to a manufacture who says yo can change oil every 10,000 kn or once a year. Each time I change the oil my wife comments how quite the car sounds. Hope you found my comments interesting and thanks for the opportunity of airing them.

4061_Serge.'s Response to 2975_Matt.'s Review

Written on: 10/09/2001

Could not agree more with Matt.
<br>Holden Vectra JR bought virtually new in Oct. 98:
<br>crankshaft sensor around 12.000kms, water pump at 40.000kms, steering "box" and shaft at 73.000kms, timing belt at 74.000kms (out of warranty by that time).
<br>Each time, no courtesy car unless we paid $30 and bring the courtesy car back at night and pick it up again in the morning (for jobs that took more than a day).
<br>The car is now for sale, and I just wonder why I haven't had ONE phone call.... (incl. RWC, 12 mths Rego, and a car in perfect condition...)
<br>Best regards. P.S.: next car is a Nissan (made in UK !)

3316_Marcel.'s Response to 2975_Matt.'s Review

Written on: 06/08/2001

that lack of quality is within all gm products
<br>in europe there is opel and in uk it's vauxhall but all the vectra's , commodores/omega's / astra's / nova/corsa are just garbage. They have all kinds of mechanical and electrical problems and as used car you just pay too much for it so they are not cheap to run (not as the opels used to be in the 70's)
<br>
<br>for those reasons i have bought a rover 620 (=honda accord) and my next car will be a honda again
<br>it still amazes me that after 182.000 km there are no unexpected costs or repairs besides braking parts , a tailpipe etc.
<br>marcel