Supercover Insurance www.supercoverinsurance.com

Supercover Insurance www.supercoverinsurance.com
2.8
  • Customer service

Comment from Review Centre

Please note Supercover Insurance have contacted Review Centre regarding the reviews published. They would like to take the opportunity of dealing with customer concerns and questions and have provided the following contact should you want to contact them directly.

"Should you have any question regarding your insurance claim, please don’t hesitate to contact us with your claim number on: [email protected]"

Supercover Insurance

Should you have a complaint with Supercover Insurance and wish it to be addressed then please note your Insurance Claim Number in your review.

Supercover Insurance www.supercoverinsurance.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Supercover Insurance www.supercoverinsurance.com

“*** DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY ***”

written by UNHAPPY17366481222 on 22/11/2021

*** DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY *** I tried to make a claim for a broken screen cover on my Samsung phone, and was told I would have to send my phone away for assessment and repair which could take 5-7 days! (if not longer). I told them this was unrealistic as I needed my phone everyday, and was there any other options ? They stated if I had an Apple I phone I could have walked into an approved Apple store and had my phone repaired the same day,and would just need to produce the receipt. So I decided to get my phone fixed the same day and produced the receipt, and a letter from the shop confirming they had used genuine Samsung parts, and I emailed it to Supercover. I did this as I thought why should I receive a lower level of service for owning an Android and not an Apple device, but still have to pay the same premium as an Apple user does! Supercover refused my claim of £165,and said that was the end of the matter! Supercover DISCRIMINATE against their customers depending on the make of their devices, and deliver a much lower, unfair level of service if you do not own an Apple device. Nowhere in the insurance policy does it explain the lower level of service received depending on the make of your device !! *** DO NOT USE TERRIBLE UNFAIR COMPANY ***

“We took out insurance for my 16yr old autistic son for...”

written by Sarahcoop on 25/11/2019

We took out insurance for my 16yr old autistic son for his electric bike been paying every month for nearly a year. My son also has a neurological tremor in his hands and arms so struggles and is on enhanced PIP due to being unable to live daily on his own. He locks his bike every day is a cycle hub and uses a lock that he can manually use himself. On the 12th November it was stolen out of the cycle hub. Informed police got crime ref number gave all details to insurance for them to say sorry cant pay out as you didn't use the locks we think are the best. My son couldn't use the lock they are suggesting with his tremor!!! I'm wondering if I've got a legal case for discrimination against the company I wont be letting this go and not at any point when we got the insurance did they say which lock was had to use

“AVOID AT ALL COSTS! They will not pay out if you claim!”

written by 5starred on 20/06/2019

I foolishly trusted Supercover aka Multi Gadget aka Direct Group to insure my phone. When it was lost and I went to claim, Supercover told me that it had been purchased for me as a gift, this was not sufficient to prove ownership. I jumped through all of their hoops to provide the proof of purchase (in my partner's name), proof of usage in my name and I blacklisted the phone.They also stated that because the documentation I was provided was electronically produced and could be altered, they would not accept this. The phone was purchased online, as are most things these days so every piece of documentation I had was electronically produced and there was no way to avoid this. I went to the trouble of contacting the store from where the phone was purchased, who provided a detailed receipt which unfortunately did not include the IMEI number so I sent a picture of the box, clearly showing this. None of the information provided was acceptable! Why would I be able to provide all of this documentation if the phone was not mine? Reading reviews by others, it seems that this company will do anything to not pay out. I claimed before for a phone purchased as a gift from my previous insurer with no trouble whatsover! I so wished I had not been fooled by the fake defacto rating for these con-artists.

“HORRENDOUS”

written by supercoverinsuranceistheworst on 26/03/2018

Would give 0 stars if i could. Would not recommend it to a friend nor my worst enemy. A waste of time and money.  any good reviews on this website are most likely written by them.

Mike35Lita's Response to supercoverinsuranceistheworst's Review

Written on: 28/03/2018

this company is fake! only get our money for the insurance! yeah they ! worst insurance company ever! after 30 days trying to contact them ,I received a message " you're not covered " always find excuses
I share my opinion with u ! my recommendations " never buy a insurance with them"

“NEVER USE THIS COMPANY THEY ARE A SHAM”

written by Coldrs on 06/02/2018

Wanted to give minus stars but cannot. My daughters partner has had his work tools stolen from his van after giving him ridiculous excuses like the policy was out of date when it clearly was not they are now saying because there was no obvious sing of break in they do not have to fulfil the claim. The police report states that there has been key clone thefts in the area from work vans but supercover have not even approached the police for the report. this company should not be allowed to trade and having seen the other reviews I cannot understand how the FSB has not already shut them down. We will be writing to the FSB and submitting a subject access request to see what information is being held on the claim and will take them to the small claims court. We will be advising our extensive network or building trade colleagues not to use this company nor the motor insurance company that use them to cover van contents Disgusting service hopefully more people will write and share their experiences.

“This company has been taking direct debits from my...”

written by 225Hooper on 05/01/2018

This company has been taking direct debits from my bank account for 16 months and I have never signed up to anything with them. When I eventually managed to trace them down they told me I took phone insurance with them in 2016 through one of their sister companies over the telephone. They even told me that they have a call recording to prove it and that someone will contact me within 24 hours with the recording ..then they rang me to say they cant find the call recording so will reimburse me... this was just before Christmas and I am still waiting for the so called refund, to be honest I don't believe It will ever happen. I am going to see if trading standards can do something about it .

“O.M.G supercover has to be SHUT DOWN!!”

written by on 04/12/2017

If I could put a zero in I would. Never in all my life have I experienced anything like the service and rubbish I have had over the last six weeks. Somebody needs to be careful as Super cover could put somebody in hospital or even kill them with stress. Phone call after phone call. Its as if they are all having one big laugh at their customers expense. I just want my I pad back . I cant go into all the problems I've had as there's to many. Please do NOT use this company.

Mike35Lita's Comment

Written on: 28/03/2018

also I phone them during 30 days almost everyday with a lot of stress ! at the end over 1 month they emailed me " you're not covered! this is a Shame so it's a warning for everybody who deal with The famous Super cover insurance ! my advice don't buy no insurance with them you'll not gone be covered! I just read it all the reviews not and this is their strategy to get incomes in this way and in case you claim they will put you or send u straight to the hospital / they don't deserve no stars they are at the bottom

“Terrible company”

written by Immanuel1954 on 24/08/2017

Avoid like the plague. Ages to hear back from claim, told on phone that claim was fine then I get an email saying it was rejected. Never ever use.

“5 Stars!! ”

written by wjames on 22/08/2017

I was covered by super-cover as an extension to my travel insurance. I had been in SE Asia for two months and my brand new Samsung S8 became faulty with battery problems whilst on my trip. The screen was also slightly damaged. I sent my phone on Tuesday 15th and it arrived back on Monday 22nd. Phone is working perfectly and the battery issue seems to be fixed. The screen has also been replaced and looks immaculate. I know there has been a lot of bad reviews about this company and prior to buying travel insurance i probably wouldn't of purchased through these guys either. But by luck they became my provider. I would highly recommend from my experience. I am a happy customer. Thanks Supercover and the team.

“imposible to get through on the phone”

written by Deepdish1948 on 21/08/2017

Avoid at all cost do not respond to enquiries on phone or via email

“Key cover only just been sent nearly 1yr after I took...”

written by Jordwar836 on 27/07/2017

Absolutely diabolical!!! I have had my insurance policy for nearly a year now! When I took out my policy I was wondering when all of the documents for my key cover were and didn't get any so I assumed that it was just included in my insurance policy! Today I received a letter with my key fob in that is supposed to keep my keys safe, which should have been given to me when I started the policy? No point in giving it me now when I have just over a month or so of my policy left? Absolutey useless, the letter has next to no information on it and I am absolutely appalled at the fact that it has taken so long to send through this letter. I will not be recommending to a friend and will never ever be investing my time or money into this business! Feel free to contact me and explain to me why the hell you think this is in any way acceptable?!

“Terrible and a rip off ”

written by NeilDougherty on 28/06/2017

This company is a complete shambles I sent my samsung phone to them 6 weeks ago for water damage and since not heard anything about it. When I ring them I get passed over from one representative to another and nobody can tell me when I will have it back let alone tell me if they have received it. They keep saying somebody will call me back with an update but nobody ever rings. I am completely at my my witts end and close to reporting them to the relevant authorities. Don't make the same mistake as I did by signing up to their insurance .. stay away even if you have to pay more elsewhere.

“Refusing to key cover policy”

written by Gaugey389 on 28/06/2017

They claim their policy doesn't cover new locks despite it very plainly stating that it indeed does cover new locks. New locks are the only way I can replace the keys so it's very disingenuous of them to claim they would cover replacement keys when new locks is the only way to actually replace them.

“DO NOT USE!!!”

written by Abdullahr4 on 21/06/2017

Hi, Please do not use this company. I went on a walk with my parents with my phone in my pocket, the phone fell out of my pocket, this company did not believe me. Even after sending phone bills and dispatch notes etc, they still didnt believe me or pay out. I lost my phone in march, still havent got any repayment! 4 MONTHS LATER IM STILL FIGHTING!! They do not look at the evidence you provide and they are NOT flexible. My phone provider isnt able to phone due to policy, which is fine by me, but it seems like that is the only way of proving to this company!!! More bad reviews will be coming from me if i still dont hear from them!!

“rip off”

written by Simssu1990 on 09/05/2017

every excuse in the book not to pay out on a claim. 1 hour to answer calls. now they are falling out with my insurance provider Kwik fit over terms and conditions 4 weeks later still no where near on settling the claim

“IPhone 5c water damage.”

written by MaximillianPritchard171 on 01/04/2017

I sent my phone off over 2 weeks ago. I have not heard a single thing as to whether the phone was received or if they could fix or replace it. I have tried to contact them and not had anything back. I had a contact which went silent on emails to me and then provided me with an incorrect email address to chase my repair up on! Still waiting to hear any news...

“Absolute charlatans ”

written by 380Cullen on 31/03/2017

Quick enough to take my money but in no hurry to replace my phone when it got stolen . I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy I've waited almost 4 weeks for my claim to be settled and I still don't have a new phone.

“Do NOT go with this company!!!!”

written by cjGibbs435 on 30/03/2017

I took out the gadget insurance with Supercover Insurance for going backpcking solo on a 6 month trip. In my first week travelling, I unfortunatly had my phone stolen from me. As a young female solo traveller, I felt really vunerable without a phone, which I explained in my claim but the whole process of my claim was painfully long. The staff were not helpful, sometimes very rude! And it felt like they didn't care. In the end, 10 weeks after I originally submitted my claim, the insurance said that my phone had failed to get delivered to my house on 2 separate occassions (but didn't inform me about this when it happened), so I was asked to provide an alternte address so I gave a family memebers address but the phone got sent to the wrong address and someone else signed for it so it then went to a case of fraud because someone else had opened my post!!! When I called up the insurance, I was told, very rudely, that there was nothing they could do since it had been delivered and signed for. Ridiculous!!!!!

“Worst company ever ”

written by on 19/01/2017

It took nearly 2 week for them to contact me my daughter snapped the jack in her iPad and cracked the iPad where ear phones go in then I was told they will remove jack but not replace back of iPad so wat was I paying for they were done accidentally and I was covered against accidentall damage but they said it's cosmetic damage absolute joke and the customer service is appalling

“Terrible co artists”

written by hm112819 on 04/01/2017

They are literally a bunch of jokers. Took the insurance out, then made to 'prove' I own a broken phone I have in my possession. They wont accept forwarded emails (but bizarrely, will accept a printed email). Claimed to not receive emails from 3 and Samsung. They have finally taken the phone in, but I've not had it back for 10 days. All in all 5 weeks without a phone. I've learnt my lesson, I will pay more for insurance in the future.