Corinne Bailey Rae, Corinne Bailey Rae Reviews

Corinne Bailey Rae, Corinne Bailey Rae - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Corinne Bailey Rae, Corinne Bailey Rae

Corinne Bailey Rae, Corinne Bailey Rae

“I just love the new album from Corinne Bailey Rae and...”

Written on: 23/03/2006 by Hank (124 reviews written)

I just love the new album from Corinne Bailey Rae and I've found myself addicted to singing 'Girl Put Your Record On.' Wherever I seem to go I just blurt this song out which has meant I've received a few uneasy looks from people in the local Tesco.

The album itself doesn't serve up any bum notes with notable stand out tracks such including 'Like A Star', 'Put Your Records On' & Butterfly'.

Anyone who appreciates the Blues will just love this album and some of the great music takes me back to my childhood. Corinne Bailey Rae is a must-have album for fans of real music.

Mindy's Response to Hank's Review

Written on: 24/03/2006

When my husband walked in while a commercial for this record was on TV he said, with surprise, "Corrine David Grey?" Such was the bland, MOR sound of her so-called "soul" record. I'd say it's more "Corrine Macy Gray" myself, but either way, this is soul music for suburbanites who've never actually heard soul music before.

Mindy's Response to Hank's Review

Written on: 28/03/2006

So, Hank, what is your favourite song on the album then and how does it make you feel? What do you like about it? What about the lyrics can you relate to? Enquiring minds want to know. If the album is so great, then try to convince me. I bet you can't.

Hank's Response to Hank's Review

Written on: 28/03/2006

The girls got talent, I think if Mindy had actually listened to the album then she'd end up chewing on her words.....

Babrahams's Response to Hank's Review

Written on: 27/03/2006

I wouldn't actually say it was soul, and was not aware that anyone had actually called it so - they certainly don't promote the album as such on her website. It is certainly not what I would call Blues either.
I would say it is more easy listening, and doesn't really fall into any particular category.
I do think she has a lovely voice, very mellow at times, and upbeat at others, with quite a few different types of records on the album. Like a Star has got to one of the best records on the album
Her current tour is a complete sell out, so whether you like her music or not, there are a lot out there who actually like her music!

Read 4 Comments