Mortgage Matters Direct Reviews - www.mortgagemattersdirect.co.uk

Media Gallery for Mortgage Matters Direct www.mortgagemattersdirect.co.uk

Mortgage Matters Direct www.mortgagemattersdirect.co.uk

“7 working days from application to Mortgage Offer”

Written on: 30/06/2022 by LisaC123456 (1 review written)

I would like to say a Huge Thank You to MMD, in particular the advisor at the Goring Rd branch, Worthing, who has made our mortgage application process completely stress free. His professionalism and knowledge has been second to none, from comparing the best rates - ensuring the application was submitted promptly in order to secure the rate at a time when rates are fast changing, to keeping us updated of each milestone! We couldn’t be more pleased or grateful and would highly recommend MMD.

“PLEASE BE AWARE USING THIS COMPANY”

Written on: 02/02/2019 by SCOTTBALENTYNE (1 review written)

Please be aware of using this company!! mortgage application date - 22-12-2018 the only reason we chose to use this man  as a mortgage advisor is that we had been viewing properties via ward and partner, and they had recommended us using him as he had fantastic deals and service... How incorrect they where. when first applying for our mortgage with the adviser we had a 2 hour set up meeting, where we discussed our financial position, salary, employment history, address history …. Etc etc, to the point where i had disclosed information reference an old debt that i had to have cleared up and that i was worried this may have been an issue towards getting a mortgage, i have also offered to supply a certificate clarifying the debt was removed and satisfied. the adviser then asked me to provide a credit check there and then, which had came back at 998/999, and he had agreed he had no doubt in our application at all. we then get a mortgage in principle with halifax, and find as well as put an offer on the property, all surveys had been completed and we was all green lights! this is where it all begins..... 5 weeks later, after various phone calls, emails, text messages to the adviser, as you are never able to get hold of the man for many reasons such as annual leave, off sick, to busy with other client, to the point where you would ring the guy, and he would instantly text message you stating he is busy and would give you a call back when he is free... … nothing.... after further chasing as fustrated, the adviser came back stating that the underwriter has offered a reduced loan of 15%, due to an adverse in the credit history, but that he was going to appeal this decision, as he felt it was unfair that they had accepted both the mortgage in principle and mortgage offer, as well as taking a £200 fee to perform the survey. i again hear nothing back from him, and when i do establish contact with his office, he tells me that he thinks we should do a new application with tsb, as he believes we was "not getting anywhere" with halifax, and that time was ticking for us. i then take the opportunity to ring halifax direct myself to find out what is going on as i felt worried that they never came back from the appeal. i was then told by halifax that during the application for a loan, there had been on two seperate occasions incorrect information applied on the address history, which the adviser has not applied correctly. and that noone has proceeded with an appeal, so they had provided me an email address, and told me to get him to email confirming he had input incorrect information onto the application. fustrated and furious i had rang up the office and was put on to the area manager, as i complained that the adviser is never contactable as he was again off sick, and that all information told to us by him was factually incorrect, and that he had made errors on our application. the manager then agreed to go away and come back once he had investigated further into this. when recieving a call back from the manager, he had then confirmed that the adviser had made 2 seperate errors on the address, and that he had ammended these, which is why the loan had come back from halifax as restricted and reduced to 35%... …. This is a further 20% ontop of what was told to us by the adviser.... He also provided me with the following statement … "i just thought i would let you know that the reason the adviser is hard to get hold of, and taking lots of time off, is that he is currently going through a divorse with his wife, and that he may have made this error as his mind is not in the right place" firstly, why a line manager would disclose such personal information to someone about his colleague is beyond me, and simply shocking. but secondly, if this is the case than why is the adviser even attending work?? the manager then confirmed that when the adviser returns to work today, he would email confirmation that he had made a mistake on the application so we could apply this to our appeal to halifax. how very wrong the manager was... as when recieving an email from the adviser, he had contridicted everything he has ever said or told us, and infact, instead of simply apologising for the mistake he had made, and that it was an error that he would not make again, he persisted on challenging everything that was said, and stated that we infact was declined from the very beggining, and that the reason for the reduced loan was not because of the mistake he had made, but infact because of a ccj on my file that we are unaware of... ….. Yes thats right, a mortgage advisor, who doesnt advise you with the fact there is a ccj apparently on our file, although having various contact with us over the last 7 weeks. as well as all of this, the wording and context in which the email has been written is very unprofessional, patronising, and made out that everything is everyone elses fault but himself. and after mentioning twice in two seperate emails that i wanted to cancel my services with him and cancel any open applications, he answered back with that it wouldnt matter anyway because we was declined for any loan.... thankfully, being 2019 and having the fantastic technology we have, all calls between myself, the adviser and the manager had been recorded, as well as all email and text communication on file. because of this, it had made it pretty clear that we had been mislead and provided different/false information from the very beginning. personally, i would not recommend this company nor the adviser as a mortgage advisor to anyone, as this case has been made into a complete mess. And i will be proceeding in taking this case to the ombudsman to investigate how this individual operates.

Tracey2362's Response to SCOTTBALENTYNE's Review

Written on: 07/03/2020

Sadly I hear this all too often! It is a shame because most of us advisors are genuine and will do everything in our power to ensure best advise and outcomes are achieved. The few bad ones give us genuine advisors a bad name! Makes me so angry as we work very hard to get our qualifications and we are so highly regulated by the FCA! I hope you get a fair response and manage to sort your mortgage x

Read 1 Comment

“Totally unprofessional waste of time and effort”

Written on: 10/10/2018 by JimmyG66 (1 review written)

I was recommended to MMD by a family member who was also dealing with them at that time. My initial dealings with the adviser were over the phone and he asked me a number of questions about my situation and requirements, and was confident that he could help me. We met at his office in Cubbitt and West , Southsea where we talked some more about my options, we agreed a product, I provided him with all the documentation and evidence he'd requested and I signed paperwork to apply for a mortgage. He said he'd put the application forward and I'd hear something by the middle of the following week. We're now two weeks on and the adviser refuses to communicate with me. I know he's been working normally since I met with him, as his colleagues have told me he's in the office each day I've called. I've left half a dozen phone messages with his colleagues, I've emailed him and texted him(he won't answer his mobile). I feel this is totally unprofessional of an adviser to treat a customer in this way. It appears that I've wasted two weeks of my time. I don't know why he won't return my calls, I don't know if my mortgage application has been accepted or refused. I don't know if I can continue with my proposed purchase or if there's a serious problem with my application............ I just don't know anything. Having read further reviews on this site regarding this company, it seems that there's also little point in complaining to MMD. So I'm just walking away frustrated. AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS

“I would like to thank”

Written on: 07/08/2018 by rudieII (1 review written)

I would like to thank your Mortgage Advisor at your Welling Branch in Bexley. This is the second time she has helped me in getting a mortgage. She is professional, helpful and very understanding and explains everything clearly and without jargon. Excellent service, thanks again to her.

“Best mortgage advisor”

Written on: 01/10/2017 by SatheshVasu (1 review written)

They are the best mortgage advisor in town who helps in sorting your mortgage application without any delays in the process. The documents required were mentioned properly and a clear mention of process was a lot helpful for not losing any extra money was excellent. A customer point of view in each aspect was a plus especially with our mortgage advisor. Any queries related to the application and clarifications were done to build confidence through out the buying process made us feel comfortable . Thanks a lot . We would suggest this service to everyone

“Avoid at all costs! ”

Written on: 03/02/2017 by 459Barton (1 review written)

Purchased a house in the summer 2016 with Ward & Partners who recommended we speak with Mortgage matters. Our initial meeting went well with promises of high quality service but it was all down hill from there. We barely heard anything from them and had to do all the chasing ourselves, they didn't deliver on any of the services promised at the initial meeting (eg negotiate on price and chase up the lawyers) what's worse is that we were missold the mortgage with a promise of cash back that I am now having to chase. We paid £295 and it was a complete waste of money considering they also got a healthy commission directly from the bank. Don't get your mortgage with them!!!

“Bad Mortgage Matters Direct”

Written on: 19/02/2016 by mortgagemattersdirectequalbadness (1 review written)

We used Mortgage Maters Direct as we thought, for our first house purchase, we'd use a mortgage advisor. I would not recommend Mortgage Matters Direct to anyone, they are completely unprofessional, and they were responsible for causing severe delays in the purchase and sale of our house (our buyer was also using them). I sent a complaint to their head office, but they don't seem to be proactive in trying to rectify this. I even received a reply from their complaints handler, blaming me, saying I was confused and I had misunderstood certain things. This wasn't the case, if you were to use their services, you'd soon find out that their administrators don't give you enough information to fully understand the process or what they claim they're currently working on. Their administrators are also unprofessional in their replies, and they really don't care. As Mortgage Matters Direct were based in the Cubitt and West office in Horsham, it may be best to sum up their professionalism by explaining that they were unable to keep our estate agents updated. Our advisor sat next to our sales manager... We had to pay £175 for their services, which is greatly overrated, as our advisor didn't seem to possess any knowledge of the products he was recommending (hence the delays in us having to continually reapply through other lenders). I was also lamented for paying into a pension, and the most attention our advisor ever paid to us, was when trying to sell us life insurance. You could easily tell this is where they make their money from, as when we wanted to discuss buildings insurance, he wasn't interested. DON'T DO IT!

“waste of time with them”

Written on: 16/10/2015 by Salisbury112 (1 review written)

We are first time byers and we decided to use broker who will be more helpful and will provide more information and speed the proccesses. Wrong! Waste of time, lots of stress, lack of communication as I had to chase her up for any updates and info. I'm having appointment with bank mortgage advicer.Never gonna use them again and won't recomend them to even my enemy.

“Terrible service”

Written on: 17/07/2015 by 44O'Brien (1 review written)

It started well in that the broker identified the only two companies that may lend to me in my circumstances. I passed the initial stage but my case was referred to an underwriter and refused at this stage. The broker had not handled a case with similar circumstances, which I had clearly highlighted at our first meeting. I spent a lot of time, effort and money gathering evidence for a challenge. I was told I could not speak to the company directly. The broker then refused to deal with my case referring me to his manager but didn't give me her contact details until I threatened to contact the company. She never once answered my emails! After 4 months I contacted the company to be told that the broker should have told me a month earlier that my case had been closed and that they had been willing to speak to me at any time. Never use these people for complex cases they just want quick money.

“Misleading and unprofessional. They coax with wrong info”

Written on: 07/05/2015

I sought their service for a remortgage. After all the info given to me I decided with my hubby to go for the best lender, only to be told a different story once the process had started. We don't know who to turn to, we're going to make an official complaint. I don't believe they should be in business, definitely not worthy of providing a good service. I can't believe that in this day and age they are allowed to rob people with their unprofessional advice. I think a legal suit should set things right and they should compensate those they misrepresented. All of you people working hard and trying to make a living please please do your homework and avoid Mortgage Matters Direct at all cost.

Mariiarowe's Comment

Written on: 15/05/2015

I was contacted by Mortgage Matters and, as I was looking to use their services, agreed to have a consultant round. I was given quotes verbally and asked for £100 up front for which I declined and sent the consultant on his way with a few choice words. I rung to complain. Apology accepted, I agreed to see another consultant. A smooth suave talking 'typical' salesman who wanted me to sign on the dotted line after our conversation. I explained that I wanted a hard copy of facts n figures before deciding. I received them via email, printed them off n the consultant returned the very same day, very impressive ! So the process began. However, unbeknownst to me smooth talker, I dealt with the mortgage lender who sent a valuer out ( free of charge) prior to lending me the money. I then received a new illustration with an additional £600 whacked on for an values report !!!! To cut a long story shirt, I quoted their own customer promise guarantee and threatened to contact the Financial Services Authority. I refused to pay until I'd had a written reply and then paid what I had initially said. I had asked Mr Smooth talker to 'give it to me in laymans' as the illustration was far too confusing. He hand wrote it out so I was able to photo copy this n send it to them.
DO NOT PAY A PENNY and don't be threatened or intimidated. I'd like to hear 1 good report about them...... A genuine 1. Good luck. Stand your ground

Read 1 Comment

“Misleading Idiots”

Written on: 23/01/2015

I'll keep this very brief. Avoid at all cost, just like they avoided me and my partner when trying to chase them up, only to be finally told that we couldn't borrow enough for our house, even though we were told we could borrow more than enough. Absolute joke!!!!

“Dreadful”

Written on: 21/01/2015 by ShaniaPorterfield368 (1 review written)

We have just had the utter misfortune of dealing with mortgage matters on the purchase of our first home. We decided to go with them as they came recommended by Ward and Partners and we felt that they would help our purchase run smoothly. Our first appointment was with a friendly enough employee who went through our details to give us an idea of how much we could borrow. We were supposed to have a follow up with him two weeks later but ended up with someone else, the first employee was not mentioned, he seemed to have disappeared. We then had another meeting where we looked into our mortgage options (of which there were only 2 according to mortgage matters) and, having looked into it ourselves, we know we could have got a better deal. After this meeting, we were handed over to a 'case manager' who was apparently going to deal with everything for us. We never heard from her despite being told that she would get in contact. We 0honed her once to get the ball rolling but never heard from her again and have done everything on our own. We have been charged £250 for this absolute farce and we are furious. Avoid this company like the plague.

“Stay Clear”

Written on: 08/01/2015 by Farrell453 (1 review written)

Went through this company when advised by my estate agents. After they found my 'best' mortgage I did more research of my own, found another the same for hundreds of pounds cheaper. Upon completion of contacts, Mortgage Matters then charged me 250 for their admin fees in helping successfully process my mortgage application. Daylight robbery for merely giving me a very poor initial deal, and then having a another company do all the groundwork. Stay Clear

“During the initial phase of property search, We were...”

Written on: 22/11/2014 by Brayan472 (1 review written)

During the initial phase of property search, We were referred to an agent with Mortgage matters direct. She was really helpful in helping us understand how mortgages work and gave a good overall idea of the full process. She got us a mortgage in principle promptly when we required one to make an offer on a property. She was really accommodating and very willing to help.. patiently answered all our questions. For the first appointment, we were at the wrong office (Purley) rather than Shirley where we were supposed to meet her. She was kind enough to drive over to meet us !!!

“Absolute and utter rubbish company avoid like the plague”

Written on: 04/08/2014 by CoryKirby (1 review written)

I had the misfortune of dealing with this company through ward and partner estate agents, We where promised the best deal as they had full access to the market and said it would be easier through them as it's all in house. After 4 weeks of constantly calling them and never being called back about how things are progressing we finally get an answer from them that Santander have offered us £153.000 £25.000 lower than we actually needed for our first home, and to this there reply was we don't know where to go from here and will call you later that day (we still haven't heard from them after 4 days) Luckily halifax who we originally got our mortgage in principle with called that Saturday and approved a mortgage on the spot for the full amount and its £100 cheaper than mortgage matters direct could do. All in all I would never use this company or deal with ward and partners for associating with them AVOID AVOID AVOID.

“Non Proffessional”

Written on: 27/06/2014 by MackenzieGunn377 (1 review written)

I took a phone call from a phone survey. Inadvertently disclosed the name of our protection provider. The following evening I got a call from this shower of imposters saying they were our provider. They offered to reduce the premium, but offered no review just a copy of policies I had in place. They are not advisors just after easy money. Best speaking to a person face to face who you can contact at a later date should you have any issues. Otherwise just go online direct

“"Mortgage Matters" phoned claiming to be my lender”

Written on: 21/05/2014 by Millsqe343 (1 review written)

Wife took a phone call from a phone survey while I was away on business. Inadvertently disclosed the name of our mortgage provider. The following morning she got a call from this shower of imposters saying they were our provider. I will be reporting them to our actual provider. AVOID

“never again avoid”

Written on: 05/05/2014 by Robertos1982 (1 review written)

I was trying to buy my first house through ward and partners so thought I would use these as I didnt know what to do. I started the whole process in January 2014 finally found a lender for the house i wanted so paid for valuation fees and search fees only to find out I can't take this house basically because my mortgage advisor didnt give all the proper details of the property therefore meaning I have lost money and 5 months of my time. They say they will call you and don't just an appalling service in my opinion

“Helpful and professional ”

Written on: 27/04/2014

I have never written a review before but seeing all the negative feedback on this site I felt I should comment on my experience with Mortgage Matters Direct (MMD)… When me and my partner decided to buy our first house together we started shopping around for a mortgage, we found it difficult as I have a far from perfect credit history and my partner is self-employed. We were advised by an estate agent to talk to their in house broker (who works for MMD) to see what he could do. Within 3 days he had found us not only an amazing deal but secured us an agreement in principle. When we found a house our broker handled everything quickly and professionally (keeping us informed of every communication with our lender and chasing them regularly). We moved into our house this week and I am grateful for all the help MMD gave us.

“Avoid ”

Written on: 24/03/2014 by Disgruntled1724 (1 review written)

We were looking for properties in Woodford, Essex. Douglas Allen (estate agents) said we could only get on their 'preferred buyer list' (i.e. be shown houses before posting on Rightmove) if we first met their mortgage advisor (from Mortgage Matters Direct). We met the advisor (Woodford Green / Barkingside office) who confirmed we were financially OK. We then put an offer on a house which was accepted. We had other mortgage advisors who would work on the basis of mortgage commission only without a separate fee to us. We therefore asked Mortgage Matters to waive their £250 fee, otherwise we would use another provider. They refused - saying that if we used another broker unknown to Douglas Allen the sale would likely fall through as they would not be able to reassure the purchaser. They further announced that the neighbour was trying to buy the house (news to us and a real coincidence timing wise of course...). We were told the £250 should be seen as a fee to ensure a smooth purchase and that if we went with Mortgage Matters they would be able to play down any higher offers from other potential purchasers - clearly disservice to the vendor! In the end (being left with little choice) we went with Mortgage Matters, and they got the job done effectively, but the initial exchange regarding fees was about as close to blackmail as you can get without overstepping the mark. It felt like the professional lines between Mortgage Matters Direct (acting for us) and Douglas Allan (as vendor's agent) were very much blurred. I would suggest that you avoid Mortgage Matters.