Citroen C3 1.4 SX Reviews

• Reliability

Citroen C3 1.4 SX - Ask a question now

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“Five years, one battery and one set of tyres.”

Written on: 24/06/2012 by easyroller73 (1 review written)

Five years and 40,000 miles of trouble free transport, no major faults or horror stories, no problems at all but it is boring as are most second cars. Serviced once a year and fuel tank refilled once a month, the grandmother I'm married to loved it!… Read Full Review

“Once 1 thing goes wrong it triggers off more problems.”

Written on: 08/06/2012

Citroen C3 SX Auto. Bought mine new in 2003 and had problems with the onboard computer within weeks. Actually met my brother in law at dealers when I took my car in for checkup and he was there with same problem - his citroen was 6 months older than mine! This seriously put doubt in my mind about my 'perfect little car!' Good points: - roomy for a small car, nippy both about town and on motorway, nice looking and fairly comfortable. I particularly liked the head room as I'm tall and the arm… Read Full Review

Rogerborg's Comment

Written on: 19/10/2013

I had the Deadlock of Death too, after my battery ran low. The doors deadlocked solid and only the driver's door could be opened, from the outside.

Despite the chirpy confidence of the local auto-electric specialist, it wasn't a fuse or the child lock relay (which is a pig to find), it was a busted BSI board that would have cost £500+ to replace. In the event, I just put 12V down the wires to pop the locks open, removed the central locking fuse, and am now looking forward to the day when I can justify scrapping the dreadful little deathtrap.

Read 1 Comment

“Once 1 thing goes wrong it triggers off more problems.”

Written on: 03/06/2012

“Brought my c3 second hand in october 2010 great car...”

Written on: 19/02/2011

Brought my c3 second hand in october 2010 great car had everything i wanted then 2 weeks ago the engine light came on and started misfiring! took it to a garage who spoke to citreon it is a known fault that when the water jets brake it leaks over cylinder 4 of the fuel injector which it then corrodes and breaks!!! the garage put new jets in and changed the way the piping went so it is no longer over the fuel injector, i did have to replace cylinder 4 though and they did show it me! just to let… Read Full Review

Tashajayne's Comment

Written on: 10/03/2011

Did this solve your problem? Just wondered as my c3 seems to be displaying the same error!!

Rogerborg's Comment

Written on: 19/10/2013

It's not from the washers, it's water leaking from the bonnet through the washer nozzle hole - there's no sealing grommet on it. I had an injector go that way, and the replacement is currently on its way out too. It's a £20 part and an hour's labour, but it's definitely a design flaw.

Guest's Comment

Written on: 01/08/2011

I have just had the same problem. I was on holiday in France the week before last and the light went on. The Citroen garage in Granville could find where the fault was but did say it must be the fuel injection. Fifteen minutes after it was reset the light went on again. I drove the car back to the UK - carefully. The Citroen garage in Horsham gave me the same explanation. It seems to be a design fault which has been modified. Shame Citroen does not seem to have warned motorists about it. I had to have all four injectors replaced. So over £550 of damaged caused by a £9 part. Not funny and not impressed. The car had been brilliant up to then but acceleration now seems to be better.

Read 3 Comments

“I bought this car for my wife at the end of 2003. She...”

Written on: 27/10/2008

I bought this car for my wife at the end of 2003. She is still happy with the car and so I am. In city driving and when I prefer economy over performance I also use this car. And as a very tall guy I should admit that it is the best car for driver in its class for big size. So far we have not lived big problems. Just the materials especially plastics used inside are very low class and feels cheap. But I saw that new models quality are upper. I really recommend this car to anyone who is… Read Full Review

“I first reviewed my Citroen C3 in November 2004, now 3...”

Written on: 02/05/2008

I first reviewed my Citroen C3 in November 2004, now 3 1/2 years later it has done 89,000 virtually fault free miles. After reading the various horror stories about other C3s I realise that I have probably been very lucky with this car as I've spent very little on it. I have done all its servicing myself for the past 2 years, it has been backwards and forwards to Spain on many occasions and has never missed a beat. When it has done 100,000 miles I'll probably get rid of it… Read Full Review

“Compared to other hatchbacks of the Citroen C3 size...”

Written on: 15/03/2008 by Charlie1986 (1 review written)

Compared to other hatchbacks of the Citroen C3 size range that I have driven i.e. Ford Fiesta, Renault Clio etc. None of which has been a better driving experience compared to the C3. I would recommend the C3 for anyone looking for a value for money car. Which, is larger inside than what it appears to be from the outside. Very diverse car as far as practicality. Economically and environmentally friendly as far as petrol cars go. All round great car. No regrets!… Read Full Review

“Generally a fairly comfortable car with nice style...”

Written on: 12/04/2007 by CHESH (1 review written)

Generally a fairly comfortable car with nice style efficiency at a good price. Yes, you can argue there is room for improvement but it is a likeable… Read Full Review

“The Citroen C3 1.4 SX is not a bad car but does come...”

Written on: 29/03/2007 by anewdriver (1 review written)

The Citroen C3 1.4 SX is not a bad car but does come up with the odd problem here and there. To be honest in the amount I do the problems that do happen are very few and far between.
I reckon when I do go to replace the car I more than likely will get another one… Read Full Review

“My Citroen C3 is a 2003 SX 1.4 automatic and has 9000...”

Written on: 07/11/2004 by Larry Gillard (1 review written)

My Citroen C3 is a 2003 SX 1.4 automatic and has 9000 miles on the clock, from day 1 this family car has never given any trouble, the steering is precise with no over or under steer, it has a good turning circle and is a doddle to park, we use it on both short and long journeys and consistently get an average of 40+ mpg. On long journeys the seats are comfortable with good support and the arm rests are a bonus. The air con works well,the ventilation system is excellent as is the radio. For a… Read Full Review

Larry Gillard's Response to Larry Gillard's Review

Written on: 01/03/2006

This car has had a hard life and has now covered 55000 miles. Absolutely nothing has ever gone wrong with it, it is probably the most reliable car I have ever owned, we like it so much that we have just bought another one.

Read 1 Comment

“The Citroen C3 is the best car i've ever had with...”

Written on: 31/10/2003 by omar310 (1 review written)

The Citroen C3 is the best car i've ever had with engine 1.4 litre 75 Hp and max spees 120 MPH. a very big collection of teqnics no offerd in other cars. it'll give all what you need. I put some special sticars on it. oh God!! it's look fantastic.
sorry for the mistaks on the writting coz i'm not v.good in english.
my C3 is 10 monthes old. already drive 28000 Miles… Read Full Review