Dansai 852 (Tesco) Review

Teescottage.'s review of Dansai 852 (Tesco)

“Wow. I`ve been looking for a DVD player which could do...”

Written on: 28/04/2002 by Teescottage. (1 review written)

1.5 Zoom removes the black bars on a regular 4:3 TV. Slimline. Played everything I put in so far. the price.

Build quality seems a little poor. AND IT'S SILVER!!

General Comments
Wow. I`ve been looking for a DVD player which could do it all for quite a while now. I have a LG 3660P which has been a trusty beast but doesn`t have the extras which I wanted.

Then last week I noticed the Dansai 852 in Tesco. I checked the web and rushed back to the store to buy one before they sold out. And boy was I glad I did. I have thrown everything at this machine and it has accepted it all. MP3's, VCD`s, CDR, CD-RW... you name it.

The main thing I like is the zoom. I was expecting 2x and 4x but when I clicked the remote I found there was also 1.5x

... I have a widescreen in the lounge but the rest of the house has 4:3 ratio sets. The 1.5x & 2x zoom removes or reduces the black letterbox bars that are seen on these sets when watching widescreen movies so I can now watch DVDs anywhere in the house on any set without going blind staring at a tiny picture in the middle. Overall I would say that for the price this is an amazing piece of equipment and if you are looking for a DVD/MP3/VCD player then you could do a lot worse than the 852. But why oh why do these manufacturers insist on only making their machines SILVER!