Hercules 3D Prophet II MX Graphic Card Review

chicken-on-a-chain.'s review of Hercules 3D Prophet II MX Graphic Card

“I upgraded my pc about a year ago and the graphics...”

Written on: 04/03/2002 by chicken-on-a-chain. (1 review written)

price, ease of use, overclocking!!!

Not the latest thing.

General Comments
I upgraded my pc about a year ago and the graphics card was the last thing to be changed.....should have done it sooner as it made the most difference. I had a nvidia vanta and I thought that it would see me right for a few more years.....till I bought Max payne.. no go..but I NEEDED to play the game, enter the Hercules 3D Prophet II MX video graphics card, I payed £55.99 for the agp version from some scabby backstreet pc repair shop (he also sold vacuum cleaners and vibrators). I did the usual thing of installing it before even taking my coat off (instructions...what instructions?). It worked fine and also had the added bonus of looking rather good, coming, as it does, with its own heatsink and fan. I was impressed from the start, I had read all the reviews on graphics cards before making my purchase and decided to ignore all the people that were telling me that I needed to spend £250 for even a half decent card, sometimes gut instinct (and a light wallet) wins the day.

In conclusion, it will run all the latest games at a perfectly acceptable detail level (halflife, max payne etc) without costing the earth