Dodge Dakota Review

• Practicality

• Reliability

Pwr_lft.'s review of Dodge Dakota

☆☆☆☆☆

“If you're thinking of buying a Dodge Dakota, is there...”

Written on: 28/01/2002 by Pwr_lft. (1 review written)

If you're thinking of buying a Dodge Dakota, is there anymore that needs to be said? These things (all years) are POS. Terrible vehicles. Stop your heartache before it starts, don't buy one.

General Comments

20869_Chris.'s Response to 10792_Pwr_lft.'s Review

Written on: 23/04/2002

I'm considering the Dakota to pull my 3500lbs trailer....Not that Ford or GMC couldn't do it but the
price is closer to the range I can afford so.....You can't go to Dodge, GM or Ford for reviews. They
all have the best trucks in the world. Consequently you have to rely on consumer reviews.
<br>Unfortunately your review doesn't say much to help me decide. Not satisifed with with Dakota?
<br>Would really like to know why.
<br>Thanks!
<br>
<br>Chris Gamache
<br>Montreal, Qc
<br>Canada

Mr Shoot2Kill's Response to 10792_Pwr_lft.'s Review

Written on: 04/07/2004

Diddle... it's very obvious you've never driven ANYTHING foreign and, therefore, much of what you say is wrong. Foreign garbage? Pull your head our your crack and take a breathe of fresh air. A $15,000 Toyota Tundra, V6, 5 speed, long bed 2 wheel drive would outlast ANY American vehicle. and people... a lot of you say you've never done any hauling... then why the heck do you even have a truck? Get something a little more sensible.

49414_Diddle.'s Response to 10792_Pwr_lft.'s Review

Written on: 08/11/2002

I see two things. One is if you spend a little you get a little. If you go out and buy a cheap bottom of the line Dakota then that is EXACTLY what you are going to get with a cheap made AMERICAN car/truck. Look at mustang's. You go out and buy a stock inline or V6, the dash, engine etc. are all gonna fall apart on you. Buy a GT or Cobra etc. and the quality improves. How can you sit behind your computer and whine and moan because your 15,000 dollar POS stock dakota is falling apart? Did you honestly think that paying so little for a car that you are gonna get BMW, Ferrari etc. Quality? Errrm what are you people thinking. I have a 2002 Dakora R/T, b4 that truck I had a 97 4x4 with the V8 5.2L both trucks have out done all the foreign garbage, and stock 6 fords and chevy's. You get what you pay for people. No one on this planet makes truck's like the old chevy's and GMC's that run forever. Doesn'y happen anymore...If you want quality, you have to spend the cash.

44066_Jm.'s Response to 10792_Pwr_lft.'s Review

Written on: 16/10/2002

I have to agree. I bought a 1999 Dakota and I have had nothing but problems with it. It has cost me more money in repairs in the last 6 months than my old GMC cost me in 4 years! It has been towed twice, the paint is falling off even though it was in under warranty at least 10 times to be fixed. Everything that went wrong under warranty is now going wrong again and now I have to pay to have it fixed properly. Do not buy a Dodge, I know I never will again. I have 70,000kms on it and I need new tie rods and ball joints. This truck has never been off road nor has it every towed anything. Why should a 4X4 wear out so fast from normal driving conditions? It is going to cost me at least $1000 to fix. I hate this truck and I have tried selling it but no luck yet. Take my word for it, this story is true. Buy a Chevy instead it will be worth the extra money! If I can save one person the hassle of owning a Dodge, I will be happy. Good luck!

31482_Td.'s Response to 10792_Pwr_lft.'s Review

Written on: 01/08/2002

Sounds like you have no personal expirence, you just like to bash Mopars! I've owned 5 Mopars, 11 Chevys, 4 Pontiacs, 2 Oldsmobiles, 1 Buick, 4 Fords, 3 Mecurys and 1 Mazda and the 5 Mopars were every bit as good as the best of the Chevy's and better than all the Fomoco's.

24864_Huer.'s Response to 10792_Pwr_lft.'s Review

Written on: 26/05/2002

I drive truck for Schwan's and I get to talk to a lot of people about their vehicles and I can tell ya, there are very very few people out there who are completely satisfied with their Dodge.. From what I have heard they don't have desirable power with miserable gas milage and problem after problem.. I have talked to many unsatisfied dodge owners that say their vehicle is in the shop more than on the road. Whereas I talk to ford and chevy drivers alike and they are completelly content with their choice- Put in the extra dollar and get either a Ford or Chevy. Listen to the motorheads- Mopar sucks.