Mario Party 5 Review

• Addiction Level

• Graphics

Dylanator's review of Mario Party 5

☆☆☆☆☆

Mario Party 5 is a complete disgrace to Gamecube. I'm...”

Written on: 07/02/2004 by Dylanator (8 reviews written)

This game is good for nothing; it's a complete waste of time.

It takes too long even if it's only 15 turns, not to mention it's a total waste of cash.

General Comments
Mario Party 5 is a complete disgrace to Gamecube. I'm pretty sure Gamecube can do better than this. You walk along the game bored (board, get it?) collecting dumb bonuses for your character. Whoop-die-doo. So much fun. No, it isn't fun. That is absolute sarcasm, folks.

What's the objective? Guess what? There isn't any! It's completely ludicrous! There's no objective, you ask? Why? I don't know either. That's one of the many reasons this game stinks on ice. This game just wasn't meant to be for a gamer's wallet. It's $50, but should really be $1. This game is shouting out to me when I go to the store: Don't buy me! I'm a clump of trash! And I can't agree more. To make things worse, people go to buy it just because it's a lousy sequel to Mario Party 4, which isn't all that great either. I can't believe people do this. They should really go to Blockbuster and rent it first. That way, if you hate it, you won't have wasted your money. Smart, huh? I was astounded when I rented this game that it was this bad. I expected it to be bad after I played Mario Party 4, but come on! Sequels are supposed to be better, not worse! Unfortunately, this one was worse.

People can be buying better games (such as Metroid Prime for Gamecube or Fire Emblem for GBA) but instead, they waste it on lousy games. This is a serious disapointment to me.

This game has horrible mini-games (probably because the publisher ran out of ideas). They're definately worse than the last Mario Partys. For example, in one mini-game you run around trying to get scoops of ice cream in your cone. This is totally lame. So much effort into a horribly outragous game. Don't get this game. Don't even rent it. I'm warning you.

• Graphics

• Addiction Level

Multi-player

Mcshi39's Response to Dylanator's Review

Written on: 19/11/2005

Thanks for your life long story about this GREAT game.

Steviejones's Response to Dylanator's Review

Written on: 04/01/2007

The Mario Party 5 game is actually quite fun with three friends.