Volkswagen Polo GT Review

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

PoloGT's review of Volkswagen Polo GT

“I own a red Polo GT which is fully standard apart from...”

written by PoloGT on 21/01/2004

Multi point fuel injection, very quick for a warm hatch, cheap insurance (Group 8)

Expsensive spare parts, small size

General Comments
I own a red Polo GT which is fully standard apart from 14inch Golf GTI rims and lowered 35mm with a drilled air box, although this is soon to be replaced by a pipercross induction kit.

I am the second owner of this car which now has 76k on the clock and ive done 14k of them. Since I have had the car I have'nt had any major problems apart from the exhaust falling off a few times.

In terms of performance, I have had nothing that is in the 75hp range beating me off of the lights including AX GT's. On the motoway the Polo struggles a bit as 5th gear is way too short and u gotta rev the engine hard to maintain any speed.

Handling of the car was ok, but a bit unpredictable a times before the change of wheels and the car was lowered.

If you want a car for thrashing around local roads then this car is serious fun if you want to travel on the motoway then this aint the car for you.

• 1992

Year Manufactured