Duck www.duck.co.uk Review

kiyawhite's review of Duck www.duck.co.uk

“Wow! If you want to buy something, get it from Duck if...”

Written on: 25/08/2007 by kiyawhite (56 reviews written)

Amazing prices
Great delivery prices, although delivery wasn't in the expected Duck van (nothing bad, though).
Snazzy web site.
Great customer service.
Online web chat with no restrictions on what the advisors can type (within reason).
Advisors have a sense of humour.
Product supplied is perfectly as expected...if not better.

Delivery was one day later, and was on a Saturday; that's AWFUL! I'm shocked.

General Comments
Wow! If you want to buy something, get it from Duck if it's there. I've used many online and real-world retailers for all sorts of things, but the service I have received from Duck on my first ever use has been outstanding!

I went on there because I was desperate for a Dyson DC20 Stowaway Animal. Previously all other online and real-world stores were selling the vacuum for the Dyson RRP - £299.99 - apart from Dyson itself, which was giving me the price of £249.99 including P&P because I had a £50 money-off voucher for Root Cyclone cleaners if I ordered from their helpline. Believe it or not, as you wish, but I wasn't able to afford either quote. I then turned to eBay, but bids were ending at about £230 PLUS P&P...and the 'Buy It Now!' items were being sold at about £250 plus postage and packaging. I wasn't at all happy about this, and I really didn't want to have to stay saving for even longer. But then I was directed, as I said above, to the Dyson website, where www.duck.co.uk was listed as one of just a small few verified Dyson suppliers. And there it was; the Dyson DC20 Animal for just £225; that would be enough itself to make me recommend the site.

But there's more...

Postage was going to be inevitably high in cost for this item: (well, apart from on Duck.co.uk) - £3.95. And that was for 3 - 4 working days delivery. I knew that was too good to be true - it turned out to be 3 - 5 working days INCLUDING Saturdays. I ordered on a Monday and got my product on the following Saturday of the same week, which is amazing! Although it arrived a day later than the quoted 3 - 4 "working [and also Saturday]" days, that was despite there apparently being a small complication about the manifest.

But there's more...

All of that time Duck didn't mind me forever pestering their online staff about how excited I was about the item, and keep on asking them about the delivery date. I know all of the staff names I spoke to!

But there's more...

I'm so convinced Duck is the best, that now I don't think I'll go anywhere else...although I think it'll be a good 20 years until I need a new Dyson.

But, please, try out Duck for yourself, and I'm sure you'll be stunned enough to ALMOST feel the same as me. :)

• Dyson DC20 Animal, £225 (Plus P&P)