Bakers Complete Dog Food Review

marjorie johnson's review of Bakers Complete Dog Food

“I have fed Desmond Bakers Complete Puppy / Small Dog...”

Written on: 03/07/2007 by marjorie johnson (2 reviews written)

My dog loves Bakers Complete puppy or small dog food, and he has it every morning.

He is now 20 months old, but he will not eat Bakers Complete adult, as he dose not like meaty chunks.

General Comments
I have fed Desmond Bakers Complete Puppy / Small Dog food since we first got him at 4 months old. It is good value for money! I have tried him with other complete dog food, and he will eat it, but he does not seem too keen. But he always eats Bakers Complete.

Chrisyuk's Response to marjorie johnson's Review

Written on: 09/08/2007

Every dog I've ever trained I've taken off Bakers Complete dog food, and I have seen better results almost instantly. For your dogs sake, get something better.

Chrisyuk's Response to marjorie johnson's Review

Written on: 25/09/2007

Myself and dogmad are in complete agreement, that Bakers Complete dog food is bad for your dog. We are both experienced! Read the nutritional analysis, it doesn't give you half of the the ingredients!

Dogmad's Response to marjorie johnson's Review

Written on: 24/09/2007

Working in English Springer Spaniel rescue I see a lot of so-called problem dogs coming in to rescue for re-homing.
<br/>
<br/>The majority of dogs that come to me that are hyperactive, or as the owners put it, "uncontrollable", and generally have two factors contributing to this.
<br/>
<br/>1. The owner hasn't laid down any basic ground rules.
<br/>
<br/>2. The dog is fed on Bakers complete.
<br/>
<br/>If I explain the way I work you may understand why I think Bakers contributes to the behaviour.
<br/>
<br/>Dog comes to me for fostering and assessment. I look at the food it's being fed on, and if it's Bakers I throw it in the bin and start feeding it my choice of food. I don't introduce it gradually, as I believe the negatives of Bakers far outweigh the risk of the dog getting an upset tummy. I let the dog do as it pleases within reason for a a few days, so I see its true behaviour.
<br/>
<br/>Generally, over a couple of days the dogs become markedly calmer, as all the colours and E numbers work their way out of the system.
<br/>
<br/>I believe, like children that may become hyperactive because of colourings and E numbers, dogs can react in exactly the same way.
<br/>
<br/>Bakers has lovely colours to attract the owner, but the dog doesn't care what colour it is as long as it tastes nice.
<br/>
<br/>There are lots of good quality foods on the market, and some of them even cost less than poor quality foods. I'd definitely look for a food other then Bakers Complete.