Willerby Daresbury (35x12) Review

andywrob's review of Willerby Daresbury (35x12)

“A fairly new Willerby Daresbury which can now be...”

Written on: 27/06/2007 by andywrob (6 reviews written)

I have had this Willerby Daresbury Caravan from new since 2005, and got it by sheer luck at a reduced price from a dealer in Towyn, because it was a demo model. The good thing was, that even being a demo model, everything was still covered in polythene, so it really was as good as new. I cant even criticise the caravan, it is totally feature packed, which I have listed below, and is currently on one of the many sites in Towyn.

There is only one bad point, and this is trivial, as there are 1000 good points about it, but the two down pipes which carry water from the pitched roof to the ground, actually pour water all over the underneath of the caravan (on the concrete), and the continued bombardment has blackened the concrete. I can see there is a fault in design, as none of the other caravan bases on my site appear to be effected, but as I said, this is trivial.

General Comments
A fairly new Willerby Daresbury which can now be picked up for less than 20K, contains one massive bedroom with an en-suite bathroom and beautiful furniture and fittings which only photos could show, followed by a bedroom with 2 single beds.

People often prefer 3 bedrooms, but believe me, a 3rd bedroom will sacrifice space elsewhere. I would rather have a massive living room and two massive bedrooms rather than 3 smaller bedrooms and a much reduced living room.

There is a main bathroom also with superb shower cubicle, and a totally adequate kitchen with a full sized cooker, and a full size fridge, bigger than my own home one, and this fridge is finished in superb wood effect which matches the rest of the furniture.

The living room has a proper 3 piece suite, gas fire, light fittings, patio doors, patio furniture, and the entire caravan is double glazed, with gas fired radiators in every room even in the hallway.

(There is nothing nicer than sitting in the caravan with the patio doors half open, looking at the views whilst enjoying chips, chicken, salad, Chicken Tonight sauce and freshly squeezed orange juice with a good soap on the TV).

When I think that I paid £16500 for an Atlas Mirage 3 Bedroom Caravan from an actual caravan holiday site in Towyn in 2005 which had no double glazing and no heating, and for £6000 more I was able (having had sold the Atlas at a vast loss), I was able to own and enjoy a true alternative to my house in Birkenhead.

The Willerby Daresbury with all its luxury fittings and fixtures and full facilities is something that I would gladly live in full time (if the law allowed it, and if, of course I could get broadband on tap). If those two latter items were available, I would gladly sell my house!

Lokirian's Response to andywrob's Review

Written on: 15/10/2007

This review has assisted me in pricing the new Daresbury Mk2, very helpful.