Laguna Beach Resort Hotel Review

Maldives in London's review of Laguna Beach Resort Hotel

“This resort is marketed as 5 star but I would say it...”

Written on: 04/06/2007 by Maldives in London (1 review written)

Fantastic Pool and bar facilities. Good dive centre. Good choice for food on full board, do not go B&B as you will pay a fortune. Lovely spa. Staff very polite. Reception very grand.

Mosquitoes, mosquitoes and more mosquitoes. Large flying ants in the outdoor shower, not pleasant! The outdoor shower suites sound luxurious but I was inundated with hundreds of large flying tropical ants every three days when they erupted out of the ground and into my outdoor shower and bath, which was not luxurious all!
Spa staff were good at their jobs but seemed not to enjoy it. On my final day before leaving, I was put outside for a treatment and was literally covered by mosquitoes.
I have been to the Maldives 3 times now and this is the first resort where I have had huge bites all over me every day.
The sea is not child friendly as the currents are very strong and it gets deep. Normally there is a shallow lagoon, not really here.
Diving is rubbish! There is a trip to an island 15 minutes away where the diving and snorkelling is amazing but the house reef is awful and offers hardly any spectacular snorkelling.
Loads of sand fleas here too and my daughter was covered.
My cleaner was awful and forgot to make the beds on a daily basis.

General Comments
This resort is marketed as 5 star but I would say it is 4 star, as it has the general facilities to be a 5 star but not the luxury. It is Insect Island not Laguna Island. If you hate insects, do not get a beach bungalow or come to this island.

If you want to snorkel, this island is OK but I have seen 100,000 times better resorts in the Maldives.

Island is a bit bland.

I wouldn't come to this island again. Go to Hakuraa in the Virgin Islands, that is a nice island!