ATI Radeon X800 Pro Graphic Card Review

• Graphics Quality

• Ease of Set Up

Josso's review of ATI Radeon X800 Pro Graphic Card

“My X800 XT died in 2006 but it was no fault of the...”

Written on: 17/04/2007 by Josso (10 reviews written)

I purchased the XT edition of this card in 2004 and it was astoundingly good. The graphics were clear and every game purchased could be pushed to the max and specifications set to full. I had no problems with it at all and even played around with the ATI control centre a bit to push it further.

ATI tech support is appauling so I'm told, and their site I do agree is pretty awful to get around... I have a real problem with the search features every time I go on it - however this doesn't effect my rating above seeing as it doesn't come into account ;)

General Comments
My X800 XT died in 2006 but it was no fault of the card... my advise is to make sure your PSU is actually over what you need instead of dangerously on the edge (yes it's a stupid mistake to make I know) - there's actually a technical term for types of PSUs which unfortunately I do not know but there is one type that will just cut out if you have a "brownout" and not enough power is going to the PSU (safest type!) and there's one that will underpower everything and possibly screw things up... I don't have enough knowledge with hardware to explain this well enough but go for an expensive PSU and you should be safe.

• Ease of Set Up