Tignes Les Brevieres, Chalet La Sache, SkiBrev Review

GregRobinson's review of Tignes Les Brevieres, Chalet La Sache, SkiBrev

“I fully agree with the other review of this place,...”

written by GregRobinson on 26/02/2007

I fully agree with the other review of this place, we've just come back from the best ski holiday we've ever been on. We stayed in a fabulous chalet in Tignes Les Brevieres. I can't express how good this place was. Chalet La Sache was so large for the 12 of us compared to other chalets we've stayed in and it was true luxury! If you're interested check out SkiBrev's website www.skibrev.com.

It's so difficult booking things on line when you don't really know the area or the chalet / hotel. We were as nervous about it as usual but the first time we walked into the main lounge room we all went, wow, we had definitely booked the right place.

The lounge is part of the open plan top floor, it was huge and overlooked the village, lake and pistes, it had floor to roof windows along the whole front wall, rising up to massive exposed beams in the roof.

The rest of the chalet didn't disappoint either, the bedrooms are all en suite, with proper baths not just a poky shower in the corner! Three of the bedrooms also had lovely built in pine bunks for the children. This made a big difference, as rather than paying almost the full adult rate for our children, like we normally have to do, we only had to pay £170 for them. I don't know why other companies don't do this. Also, our room was a suite with it's own lounge equipped with TV and DVD player! We allocated this to ourselves as group leaders, well you've got to have some perks for all the hassle of organising a ski trip!

Downstairs in the basement was a massive games room with a pool table, table football, table tennis table, TV, DVD and Sky TV. This kept the children out of our hair in the evenings and also provided some late night pool tournaments, we all got progressively worse as the free beer flowed!

The food in this place is also out of this world and certainly not what you'd expect from a chalet. The staff were all so helpful, nothing was too much trouble.

The village is lovely too, so much nicer than the larger villages of Tignes, Le Lac and Val D'Isere. In Brevieres we felt part of the community even though we were only there for a week. The snow was also great despite all the warnings on the BBC of a bad season in Europe.

All in all, we had a great time and I would definitely recommend this chalet to anyone. We'll certainly be going back next year. After 15 years organising skiing holidays I've finally found the place I want to go back to. All I have to do now is make sure I get organised early enough, as I'm sure it will book up quickly for next season.