Sony DCR-DVD205 Review

• Video Quality

• Sound Quality

• Battery Life

a03721's review of Sony DCR-DVD205

“My main issue with the Sony DCR-DVD205 was juddery...”

Written on: 16/02/2007 by a03721 (1 review written)

Nice camera to hold - good size. Liked the touch screen controls and it's very simple to use.

Got an occasional judder on the playback. Camera went back to Sony who claimed it must be down to Panasonic DVD disks - I wasn't happy with this excuse so returned the camera.
Also didn't like the fact that when the LCD display was rotated 180degrees to the subject, the image in the viewfinder didn't come on - not very good when you have kids who love looking at themselves in the LCD panel!
Also, I wasn't too keen on the way you had to take a stills image - this involved a flick of the on-off control to another setting so you couldn't capture a moment when you wanted to.

General Comments
My main issue with the Sony DCR-DVD205 was juddery pictures. This was the first DVD cam I had used so I'm not sure if this is a 'feature' but I was using the camera in normal everyday family mode. Images looked like they were in brief slow-motion sometimes. If you have to use Sony disks then I think that is a con.

• 1 - 4 Weeks