Max Factor Age Renew Review

• Ease of Application

• Ease of Removal

Mac99's review of Max Factor Age Renew

“OK, I'm not the type of girl to be taken in by...”

Written on: 11/02/2007 by Mac99 (47 reviews written)

Stylish packaging.
Small enough to pop into your bag.
Easy pump dispenser, so you only use what you have to.

Thick, over-inflated promises.

General Comments
OK, I'm not the type of girl to be taken in by advertising hype, but Max Factor Age Renew foundation promised me younger looking skin (at least 5 years younger). So being of a certain age I thought...hmmmm, gimme some of that. We could all do with a bit of help now and again. Right? I wasn't hoping for miracles, as I don't think they have invented them yet, but I was looking for a more radiant, healthy look that also made my tiny lines less noticeable. (too late for the bigger lines probably). So off I trotted to my nearest Boots store to get me this miracle in a bottle. Priced at £11.95, I thought this was a small price to pay to look 5 years younger. Picking the correct colour for my skin tone wasn't too much trouble either, as they have all the tones that we are used to.

It was with some excitement that I got ready for my first big night out wearing my new foundation. I mean, would anybody recognise me? How many people would comment on how young and glowing I appeared? They would be oh so jealous and bribe me to tell them my beauty secret. I would just smile knowingly and be whisked away by all my male admirers.

Yeah right!

First impressions...how thick the stuff is. Not like the really cheap stuff that you used to get, but still a bit on the thick side. I blended the wonder stuff over my face, and blended, and blended, and blended. You really have to be meticulous when applying this product. I couldn't help noticing how it seemed to settle into my fine lines and made them probably more noticeable. So I blended once more. Although it didn't feel heavy, I couldn't help thinking that I looked like I was wearing a mask. (I blended like mad).

With the rest of my war paint on I skipped down the stairs to my public. They all actually thought there was something wrong with me as I gave them every opportunity to tell me that 'WOW, you look 5 years younger'. No matter how hard I stuck my face into theirs - not one person said a thing. I maybe acted younger when I took a bit of a huff when not one person noticed!

So, to cut a long story short. This foundation is OK - as a normal foundation. Please don't buy it if, like me, you yearn to look younger. I have had better results with a good facial scrub and a tinted moisturiser!!

• 2-6 months

Purchase Brand

• Ease of Removal

Helen Of Troy's Response to Mac99's Review

Written on: 12/02/2007

Excellent review about Max Factor Age Renew foundation! I really enjoyed reading it!
<br/>I love the way these manufacturers claim their products 'make you look younger' and rarely succeed!

285540_Gloria22's Response to Mac99's Review

Written on: 14/04/2007

I quite like Max Factor Age Renew foundation, but if you get the wrong colour for your skin, you end up looking like Phantom of the Opera!! Interesting to read other people's views. My tip is, only use a little each time.