Vauxhall Zafira GSi Turbo Review

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

big laddie's review of Vauxhall Zafira GSi Turbo

“I traded in a 3.0 litre v6 diesel vectra for this...”

Written on: 25/01/2007 by big laddie (2 reviews written)

Top class acceleration, good muscular looks, comfortable/yet sporty ride, average fuel consumption, versatile.

Lack of storage space, no standard front arm rest, small boot when all 7 seats are up, poor visibility with 'a' pillars being so thick.

General Comments
I traded in a 3.0 litre v6 diesel vectra for this model as I needed more space with pace - I never really thought that a car this size would actually have me smiling so much! I got a cracking deal on the Zafira GSi Turbo in the first place and to date have had no issues with it, although the car only averages around 29mpg - worst mpg was 22 - arrrrgh (this is somewhat acceptable when you consider it would rival most GTI's off the lights!)

I read some earlier comments about the car eating tyres, I have not found this , in fact I managed 22k out of a front set of Michelins! (and this would have been more had the tracking not been out by 3 degrees and ate into the sides) - I've now fitted Michelin Pilot Sport SP2's and the handling is far better than before - car heads in for first major service soon with nothing to report.

In short... having previously owned BMW 3's, Audi's, and Merc's, this is such a good car I am struggling to decide what I can replace it with that will give me so much pleasure and all round capability - maybe a new Zafira VXR???

• 2005

Year Manufactured