Marmite Review

bakedbeanqueen's review of Marmite

“As a child, and the daughter of a self confessed...”

Written on: 18/01/2007 by bakedbeanqueen (54 reviews written)

It's good for you! Especially for vegetarians and mothers-to-be (folic acid and vitamin b12).
Tastes delicious - a taste nothing else can imitate.
Cheap to buy.

Nothing. Except the reputation that Marmite has as a "love it or hate it" product. How can you not love it?

General Comments
As a child, and the daughter of a self confessed Marmite addict, I was horrified by the stuff. But in my teenage years, I have been rightfully converted to the wonders of the yeast extract product. Now I can't get it on my toast thick enough! The mere smell of it, in all its savoury goodness, is enough to get my mouth watering!

Try it. And you'll change your mind on whether you are a hater or not.

Garryf's Response to bakedbeanqueen's Review

Written on: 07/02/2007

bakedbeanqueen. Nice review - jolted my memory. My Wife was a Nurse in a Children's Hospital. Lots of underdeveloped kids. They used to feed them with lots of Marmite, and the results were amazing. They soon grew into healthy "full grown" kids for their age. The results were never scientifically proven, but all the nurses knew. So it was stopped. So thank your Mum.
<br/>