Norton Internet Security 2006 Review

oliver202's review of Norton Internet Security 2006

“I bought and installed this product the moment it came...”

Written on: 12/12/2006 by oliver202 (2 reviews written)

Easy to set up and use

Very hungry on system resources

General Comments
I bought and installed this product the moment it came out, being a fan of Norton IS 2005, I put in the disc clicked install upgrade and the install started, I've got to admit it was quicker than I expected and soon my computer had restarted and I was awaiting to try out this long awaited "masterpiece". Though I quickly found, it was not what I hoped for.

Yes, the control panel may be easy to use, but what good is that if it takes 5 minutes to load. Its not as though my computer is rubbish, 2.7GHz processor, 1 GB Ram 250GB HDD, and yet Norton IS just ate all my processing power up. My computer ran so slowly after the install, that I thought something had gone seriously wrong.

So I borrowed a friends computer and googled this anomaly and found this was a common complaint among other users and after a few weeks I got sick of the sluggishness of my computer and uninstalled Norton IS 2006 and bought Kaspersky IS instead.