N.S.E.C.T Robotic Attack Insect Review

Clair's review of N.S.E.C.T Robotic Attack Insect

“I have to tell you about this great new toy my son got...”

Written on: 02/11/2006 by Clair (1 review written)

I have to tell you about this great new toy my son got for his birthday this morning. It is called N.S.E.C.T Robotic Attack Insect and it is made by Tyco, the new competitor to the makers of Robosapien.

The N.S.E.C.T makes the Robosapien look dated, although it is still similar as in using the same technology. I believe the N.S.E.C.T is based on the 1985 Micheal Crichton film Runaway with its big scary bug design, which scurries around at speed making an eerie sound, as it does so. It also has spooky beady eyes that change colour depending on it's mood and can fire missiles up to 25 feet according to the box, but we tried this morning and the missiles just hit the wall.

The control handset itself is quite large but it does house many functions, so taking into account this toy is not recommended for children under 8, I can't see this being an issue. The firing action can also be controlled by either one at a time or in quick concession up to six. Other features of the N.S.E.C.T. is the working claw action, however we have not tried it yet.

It retails for approximately £80 and although this is a bit pricey, considering the new Robosapien retails for £200, it does appear to be value for money. I recommend checking out YouTube for video footage of this item as it shows you how it works better than I can tell you. But if you are looking for this year's must have toy, the one they are all taking about in the school ground, then this is it and it does not disappoint.