Fuji Finepix 1400 Review

• Image Quality

Steve Jackson.'s review of Fuji Finepix 1400

“My two previous digital cameras were cheaper...”

Written on: 05/07/2001 by Steve Jackson. (1 review written)

Favourite feature is optical zoom,
Excellent auto function - no tweaking required,
Fast download USB (handles pics like files in explorer),
Lens cover - nice!
No gimmicks (video capture etc) - just good pictures

No AC adaptor as standard,
No carry-case or pouch (being petty now!),
No separate black LCD icon menu (all menus through screen)

General Comments
My two previous digital cameras were cheaper "entry-level" cameras : a mustek MDC800 and a Relysis Dimera - not great comparison as they were cheaper, but this camera is SO much better for just a little more money. Other cams I had to "touch-up"/alter on the pc for almost every shot - this one I haven't had to at all! Even indoor & fluorescent lighting shots ! It's great to have a cam which you can just shoot and download then print off ! It doesn't have the gimmicks such as Video-out or video capture - but it DOES take great pics (and that's what a camera is for!). I was a little disappointed that it didn't have a mains adaptor with it, but I went for the option of 4 Ni-Mh cells and a charger. It would be a nice touch to have some kind of carry-case or pouch. One downfall is that to access the features you have to always go through menus on the main screen (wasting battery power) whereas some cams allow you to change settings and show you what you are doing on a small separate LCD display. My ratings are based on my own experience - I can not compare to more expensive cameras.

• Image Quality