Apple iPod Classic - 5th Gen Review

plywood's review of Apple iPod Classic - 5th Gen

“I had never owned an MP3 player before. In the first...”

Written on: 26/10/2006 by plywood (1 review written)

Impressive features
Simple navigation
iTunes so easy to master

14 hour battery? I never got more than 8
Continually froze or turned itself off

General Comments
I had never owned an MP3 player before. In the first few weeks I had the Apple iPod Video it was everything and more I could possibly have wanted from an MP3 player. However, after a month the screen started to freeze on a weekly basis. Also, the iPod would just turn itself off every other day, and then it would partially freeze. Today I returned it to the retailer and received a full refund. I still want an MP3 player, and I still want the iPod, as it was superb when it worked, but I will never go near an Apple product again. A friend has also just purchased the 30Gb iPod and he's started to have problems.

Wish On A Star's Response to plywood's Review

Written on: 09/12/2006

I just wanted to point out about the "shutting off of the iPod by itself". It's supposed to do that, after about 5 Minutes or so without using it. It automatically shuts off for the Conservation of the battery life.