Standard Life Health Insurance Review

• Customer service

Teresa4060's review of Standard Life Health Insurance

“Not a bad insurer if you have lots of patience with...”

Written on: 06/10/2006 by Teresa4060 (3 reviews written)

Staff are friendly

Admin system seems to be lacking, paperwork lost numerous times and when payment needed to be made to my GP's surgery the cheque was made payable to the wrong person

General Comments
Not a bad insurer if you have lots of patience with the administration system. My paperwork was lost, but nobody told me this. I had to call and chase. I only then found out that they would only chase after 6 weeks. My claim was for tension headaches, so picture 6 weeks with a permanent headache!!! They also requested copies of my medical records for which the surgery required payment for. The cheque was sent out payable to the wrong person, and while I was told my case was priority, I certainly didn't get the impression it was. The claim was started in May 2006 and finally came to a close at the end of September 2006. They then turned down my claim because I had an episode of migraines noted on my records. Anyone who suffers knows that migraines and tension headaches are two complete separate conditions.

Have you made a claim?