Tesco (value) Plain Chocolate Digestives Review

Helen of Troy's review of Tesco (value) Plain Chocolate Digestives

“These are to get up in the morning for!! As I sit,...”

Written on: 17/09/2006 by Helen of Troy (188 reviews written)

Cheap
Very tasty
Great size for dunking, or not!

Hard to stop at just 1 or 2!

General Comments
These are to get up in the morning for!! As I sit, drinking my first coffee, I bite into the wonderful crisp biscuit texture, covered in a delicious plain chocolate which just mingle together so beautifully on my taste buds.

A slurp of my sweet warm coffee, then another nibble of that gorgeous biscuit sensation. I must have at least three of these biscuits at a time, that way they last me all the way through that first mug of coffee.

Great for evening nibbles too, but you often have to exercise a little self control or the whole packet is gone before you realise it! Offer them around, if you can bear to!

If these biscuits are taken out of the Tesco value wrapping no-one will realise these are such cheap biscuits, the taste is so good. The difference being they are smaller than the well known brands, and a little crisper, with a slightly nuttier texture. But put to the test, the biscuit barrel or serving dish will soon empty!

Everyone has their own preference of how to eat a biscuit, whether to nibble it, bit it or dunk it, these biscuits do dunk well without breaking horribly into your coffee, though personally I prefer to nibble them dry then wash down with a nice swig of coffee.

At 34p for a 300g packet you can afford to share them around, just put a packet back for yourself!

Now the downside for some.... the calories!!!

Each biscuit contains 72 calories and as there are about 21 biscuits in each packet... That's a lot of calories if you can't stop at one or two!!!! So limit yourself if calories matter!! I have to limit myself to three at a time now, but often a fourth will sneak in!!

I have tried the more expensive brands but I must admit I prefer these to any other, including McVities. We get through about 3 packets a week ( I say "we" tongue in cheek here!!) which cost about the equivalent of one packet of the more expensive ones, although obviously the packets are smaller. If prices were the same I would still buy these, they are simply perfect for me!! When ours have gone I really miss my morning nibble treat, until I get some more!!

252776_Anonymous101's Response to Helen of Troy's Review

Written on: 18/09/2006

A good shout this, Tesco's own Plain Chocolate Biscuits are enchantingly appealingly, low in price, lush in flavour, they have been a staple product of our lasses and my mom's "big shop" for many years. When I was a nipper our Lee used to encourage me to hold my biscuits, chocolate side facing the gas fire, fair play to him our Lee joined in as well and with slightly burned digits we would enjoy metled chocolate biscuit based snacks before our mam got up and served us our usual bowl of frosties. I only have the radiators in my gaff, so this tradition has sadly not been passed onto my kids, mind you I don't think 5 year old kids should be lighting gas fires anyway, I'm confident many other other reveiwers would agree with me on this.

Helen Of Troy's Response to Helen of Troy's Review

Written on: 18/09/2006

Sorry, micky69, mis spelt your name!! Too busy munching biscuits!!

Helen Of Troy's Response to Helen of Troy's Review

Written on: 18/09/2006

Hi mickey, any joy with the pot noodle problem? Anyway, do you frequent McDonalds? Get on over there on this site, sort out the squabble!!!!