Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDDi 115 LX 5dr Review

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

oreillyd's review of Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDDi 115 LX 5dr

“Don't buy a Ford Mondeo. The flywheel and clutch went...”

Written on: 07/07/2006 by oreillyd (1 review written)

Always thought it was a good car, with good performance.

Mechanically unsound.

General Comments
Don't buy a Ford Mondeo. The flywheel and clutch went at 60,000 miles. The car was regularly serviced at 12,500 mile intervals and was just out of warranty by 4 months. I asked Ford to make a goodwill payment to 'help' with the repairs but they refused. I believe from looking at the internet that this is a known fault so buyer beware and don't expect any understanding from Ford.

• 2003

Year Manufactured

• Practicality

• Reliability

381742_Jonjon11's Response to oreillyd's Review

Written on: 11/07/2008

I drive the same car and now at, 67,000 miles my clutch has gone! Again serviced by ford only, at the correct service intervals this made no difference to my boss who still belives I thrash the car, or ride the clutch! After much explaining that after 20 years of driving this was my first clutch failiure . Anyway will keep you informed with the dealings that I have with Ford.