Peak Imaging - www.peak-imaging.com Review

AngryShopper's review of Peak Imaging - www.peak-imaging.com

☆☆☆☆☆

“I was a client of Peak Imaging until today. Today I...”

Written on: 02/06/2006 by AngryShopper (21 reviews written)

Good website, and when you, if you're lucky, get your images, they're usually very good print quality.

The online ordering system is as flaky as a Cornish pasty.
No customer contact if there are problems (and there appears to be plenty of problems with the Online ordering system).

General Comments
I was a client of Peak Imaging until today. Today I find for the second, or is it the third(??) time that an order placed via the Peak Imaging Online System hasn't been processed. Apparently, the software used by Peak Imaging has a small bug. The payment data "disappears" when orders are placed. A bit of a problem I'll think you'll agree.

I placed an order last Thursday expecting to get my images within a week. Nothing arrived so I took the liberty of calling Peak Imaging. Imagine my unhappiness when I was told "your image is on the system but no payment details were received", and that nobody had had the presence of mind to contact me to get those details. My image had sat on the Peak Imaging system for more than a week, and if I hadn't made the call, it would probably have stayed there for months or even years. Not exactly what I'd call excellent customer service!

I was offered the option of an FTP connection because this problem HAS affected a number of clients. I wonder just how many clients have had a similar experience of Peak Imaging? I was also offered the option of the print run being made today and the images sent out tonight. Frankly, I didn't believe that this would occur, and I requested that the order be cancelled.

I wouldn't use Peak Imaging until they've fixed the bugs in their online order system. Or, if you do want to use Peak Imaging, I'd strongly suggest calling them every day until your order arrives, otherwise you might have a very long wait indeed.

Strangely enough, I will not be recommending Peak Imaging to anyone. It's such a shame considering the excellent print quality that I have experienced previously.

• 50 x 7" x 5" Prints

• Still waiting