Laguna Beach Resort Hotel Review

kh1975's review of Laguna Beach Resort Hotel

“When my wife and I decided to have our honeymoon in...”

Written on: 25/05/2006 by kh1975 (3 reviews written)

Sun, sea and sand

Paradise at a price

General Comments
When my wife and I decided to have our honeymoon in the Maldives, we were both very excited, and having friends that have boasted so much about the beautiful islands we were pleased with our choice. When we arrived at the Laguna Beach Resort we were greeted with a complementary cocktail as we waited for our baggage to arrive off the speedboat, which had brought us from the airport at the capital Male. The location looked exactly as it does in the pictures; white sands, turquoise sea, tropical plants. It was paradise, sheer paradise. At least we thought it was until we went into our room.

Our room was a bungalow with a balcony facing the sea. It was clean but very basic, and there was no air conditioning, which was strange considering the outside temperatures reached 32 degrees Celsius at midday. However, this was acceptable. The one thing that none of the Maldives brochures told you is, the thousands of mosquitoes, lizards and crabs that run around the room and all across the resort. Of course, if you are a complete bug freak like me and my wife are, you could imagine the nightmare we where living.

The hotel staff are very friendly and do go that extra mile, but the food is basic, and there was not much of a selection for non-seafood lovers like myself. My wife tucked in to the tuna, lobster and king prawns, whilst I ate steak, and steak, and steak followed by steak. The resort is very expensive with most soft drinks costing 3.5 American dollars, and an alcoholic cocktail would cost around 2 - 3 dollars.

I would recommend going at least once in your lifetime to the Maldives, but there are other parts of the world I would be happier to go to.

Kristain77's Response to kh1975's Review

Written on: 12/05/2010

Laguna Beach Resort Hotel Maldives is a great and beutiful place. Its a great destination for family vacation. Thousands of tourist are visits every year.
<br/>Lots of fun there for kids. Young generation also attract there.
<br/>http://www.beachresorts360.net/seychelles-beach-resort-and-activities.html