Panasonic TX32LXD500 Review

• Image Quality

• Sound Quality

SteveTC's review of Panasonic TX32LXD500

“I bought the Panasonic TX32LXD500 LCD TV 3 months ago,...”

Written on: 26/04/2006 by SteveTC (12 reviews written)

Superb picture and sound quality.
Easy to use.
Very Stylish.
Well built.
HDTV quality out of this world.

None to date.

General Comments
I bought the Panasonic TX32LXD500 LCD TV 3 months ago, after a very long search to find what I wanted. I had a set criteria, and that was the picture and sound to start with, and I was not disappointed there. My next set of wants were more on a personal level, but I think they were what most people would like as a standard feature, if they could get them, and they were... 3 scart sockets, PIP, POP and PAP, plus a Card reader for those all important photo's taken on holiday or wherever. The handset was one of the best I've owned, and it was very well built and felt very sturdy to the hand, and not flimsy in any way. This is also mimicked on the TV itself, as this is also extremely well built.

The first time I switched on the TV after connecting the set, it started to tune itself in and had no problems sorting out the available programs, and because I had several other pieces of equipment to be attached, it also tuned into them as well, so they all gelled together, and that was a great help and a nice touch. One of the features built-in was the auto light meter, and this altered the picture quality according to the light source. This worked very efficiently, and was spot on most of the time. The one thing I noticed immediately was the lack of reflection, even when the sunlight was coming in through the window at midday. My old set was a bind for this, and it was no fun having to keep getting up to close the curtains. I don't have to do that anymore.

I have been fortunate enough to run a HDTV signal through my set, even though it is not available officially yet, and I can tell you this... It will be hard to beat on this set... The quality is truly outstanding and 3D like. Water scenes are very life like, and you come out of the experience feeling wet, especially when the droplets hit the screen. The first time it happened I actually jumped back it was THAT real.

There may be some out there that will say that this TV is NOT that good, but I kid you not, like any TV, you only get out what you put in, and by that I mean it will only reveal it's true colours with a good signal source It can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear. Give it the supply and it WILL deliver.

The sound quality is not a disappointment either; delivering a punchy bass and strong treble, so speech is crisp and clear. You don't have much to play with with only two settings (music and speech), but you don't need to alter it from the factory settings to be truthful.

As with most expensive setups, there are not a lot of gimmicks and buttons to play with, and why should there be? You buy this TV for the sheer quality it can deliver in picture and sound. The set will not be around for much longer, so if you get the chance to grab one before the new model comes out (not as good or classy), GET IT! You won't be disappointed.

• Image Quality