Vauxhall Omega 2.5 CD Review

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

niceguyeddeee's review of Vauxhall Omega 2.5 CD

“I have the Vauxhall Omega 2.6CDX auto estate. The car...”

Written on: 21/03/2006 by niceguyeddeee (2 reviews written)

Space, ride comfort, equipment levels, very cheap if you buy 2nd hand, smooth and fast, great towcar

Very thirsty, expensive consumables (tyres, cambelt every 40k)

General Comments
I have the Vauxhall Omega 2.6CDX auto estate. The car is very comfortable, eats long journeys (you have to stop for fuel well before you get uncomfortable). The amount of space and comfort is great. This is my 2nd Omega, and I would really recommend them if you want loads of room and comfort for the money. You get loads of toys as standard, and they're pretty bullet proof. I did 180k in my last one, with no major repairs required.

The ride quality is superb - almost BMW 5 series standard, and the V6 engine is sooooo smooth!

My advice would be shop around for servicing - I use an independent repair shop and they are loads cheaper than dealers.

The front wishbones aren't up to the job of hanging this big, heavy car off, and will need replacing every 60k or so. Tyres (225/55R16) are eye wateringly dear, and the car is very sensitive to suspension alignment, so have the geometry checked immediately if you hit any potholes or speed bumps at anything other than walking pace, otherise you'll be shredding front tyres!

Overall, great car, really cheap (I bought my 2003 model with 18k at less than 2 years old for £8.5k!! so I'd recommend it. Beware that mine averages 27mpg solo and that drops to 16mpg when towing my large twin axle caravan, so be prepared to fork out for fuel!

• 2003

Year Manufactured