Mortgage Matters Direct www.mortgagemattersdirect.co.uk Review

Mortgage Matters Direct www.mortgagemattersdirect.co.uk
2.0

buzzingbee's review of Mortgage Matters Direct www.mortgagemattersdirect.co.uk

“Customer service provided by Mortgage Matters Direct...”

written by buzzingbee on 13/03/2006

Customer service provided by Mortgage Matters Direct is alright if things are going well. However, if your sale falls through, even if it's no fault of your own, forget any kind of support from them.

I've had a complete nightmare trying to get a refund of fees which were taken from my bank account for a survey. I confirmed with the company that the sale was no longer going ahead, and advised them to request a refund from the lender. I've wasted weeks checking my bank statements to see if my £400 has been replaced, and having just contacted the lender myself, I've found out that this company didn't even instruct the lender to refund my money, and has not been chasing the lender for my refund as they have been telling me. Furthermore, since my sale fell through, my calls don't get returned, emails aren't even acknowledged, and basically, it seems they don't want to know!

Is there a fee?

Malcomi's Response to 233788_buzzingbee's Review

Written on: 26/04/2006

I had exactly the same experience, although they were not very competent even before the sale fell through. I would definitely avoid them in future.

Not Born Yesterday's Response to 233788_buzzingbee's Review

Written on: 14/07/2006

If the survey never took place, they must give you your money back (as long as the money was definitely for a mortgage survey). If the survey took place then no money is refunded (someone has to pay the valuer). You can take them to the financial ombudsman and he will fine them, though they will probably reimburse you before it gets that far.