UKHotMovies.com www.UKHotMovies.com Review

Billy Smith.'s review of UKHotMovies.com www.UKHotMovies.com

“UKHotMovies.com is a mini-film portal. As the name...”

Written on: 18/03/2003 by Billy Smith. (1 review written)

Wonderful design. Not cluttered: easy-on-the-eye. Not too much advertising. Raises a lot of money for charity and regularly gives advertising space to good causes.

Could be updated a bit more often

General Comments
UKHotMovies.com is a mini-film portal. As the name suggests, it caters for a British audience (although the 'hot' does not refer to anything saucy!) It has several different sections, including film reviews, features, galleries, and more. Each of these can be easily found.

My favourite section is the interactive. This features polls which are updated every month or so. It's fascinating to know what people have voted for and I visit this section regularly! There are also film polls in the interactive part. These were difficult for me, because I'm not a film nut, but the buffs out there shouldn't have too many problems. Get all the answers right and you have a chance to win huge prizes. And you can also win DVDs, videos, games and books in the monthly competitions. Although I've been entering for six months, I've only won one small prize - a DVD of the new Spider-Man movie - but hopefully I'll win a DVD-Player one day so I have something to play it on! I like the competitions at UKHotMovies.com because they don't add you to any mailing list list most similar sites. Indeed, there is not even a checkbox for you to untick to not be added to their junk mail list. I'm sick of receiving unwanted emails from other companies. You enter a competition and they bombard you with emails promoting so-called 'bargains' and 'goodies' for years to come. So thanks UKHotMovies.com for not maintaining an a mailing list full of 'shopping' links! The links section is not up to much, but there are some useful movie links there.

Overall, I would say UKHotMovies.com is worth visiting from time to time. It's not as big as IMDB or the BBC's film section, but it's got a certain spark which its bigger and better-financed sites lack. UKHotMovies.com is the business!