Barclaycard Graduate Credit Card Review

From 1 review

alvinlwh's review of Barclaycard Graduate Credit Card

“I applied for the Barclaycard Graduate credit Card...”

Written on: 26/02/2006 by alvinlwh (31 reviews written)

It's a gold Barclaycard

High APR for a student card
Low credit limit
Bad customer service

General Comments
I applied for the Barclaycard Graduate credit Card online, and I got a letter requesting some proof, which happened to be a letter from UCAS proving status of being a current student. I phoned up the customer service centre (in India) asking about this, and how I could prove that I am a current student if I am applying for a graduate card? The guy could not understand what I was saying or applying for at all. He just insisted that I was wrong, and that I must be a student to apply for a graduate card, and that I must send in proof of my student status.

I got so angry that I just slammed the phone down. What is the point of trying to reason with someone who cannot even understand English? I just sent in proof of my address instead, and I still did managed to get the card about 2 weeks later.

A balance transfer rate of 5.9% APR for the life of the transfer was offered to me, but with a limit of only £260! What's the point?

The APR for this card is at a high 19.9% with no promotional rates. I have now taken all of my balance off this card and put it on a 0% Virgin card instead.

Some of my friends had tried applying for a Barclays bank account or card, and none of them have got it. For some strange reason I couldn't get one myself when I was a student, but I have managed to get this one now.

I would recommend this card, but don't ever try calling the customer service centre. It is staffed by people who cannot understand English.

Kizzypebbles's Response to alvinlwh's Review

Written on: 10/06/2006

barclaycard customer service is based in the uk.

Alvinlwh's Response to alvinlwh's Review

Written on: 13/06/2006

If they are based in the UK, they employ indians that know nothing. The person who took my call is an indian with a strong accent. And if it is based in the UK, they must be really stupid because they cannot tell the difference between "student" and "graduate".