OLYMPUS Camedia C-460 Review

• Image Quality

• Battery Life

lewist's review of OLYMPUS Camedia C-460

“My Fuji Finepix 2400z digital camera was five years...”

Written on: 24/02/2006 by lewist (37 reviews written)

Small size
Picture quality
Ease of use
Viewfinder

I haven't really found any yet.

General Comments
My Fuji Finepix 2400z digital camera was five years old and had a couple of minor faults that were annoying me. It was also feeling a bit heavy compared with what is available now. So I spent ages investigating what I could buy to replace it. The picture quality of the Finepix was superb, so I was looking for a really smart snapper. I think I found it and at a bargain price too.

I bought the Olympus C-460 zoom digital camera from Luton Cameras through eBay for £70 delivered. It was a refurbished model, but it seemed new when I opened the box. I bought rechargeable batteries when Lidl had them on offer, and battery life is now good. I also bought a couple of 128Mb memory cards and a card reader to save me carrying the cable. The capacity with the bigger cards is excellent.

You flip open the cover of the camera and point and shoot. It is very simple to use, and the quality of pictures is great. I had it on holiday skiing in Utah, and it fitted in my pocket a treat, and was ready in moments to take great pictures. Using Irfanview you can batch re-size the pictures to email them to friends and family, and they give superb prints.

I am not keen on the screens on digital cameras; I find a viewfinder much easier to use, but a lot of the newest cameras don't have one. The C460 seems to be one of the last budget Olympus models to have one, so it is worth looking for if the viewfinder is important to you.

All in all this is a really good replacement for my Fuji. It is small, light, easy to use and the picture quality is superb.

• Battery Life