Fujitsu Siemens Amilo D1840 Review

• Screen Quality

• Battery Life

stnzx's review of Fujitsu Siemens Amilo D1840

☆☆☆☆☆

“After spending 2000 Euro's on a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo...

Written on: 31/01/2006 by stnzx (1 review written)

The price (at first)

Everything else

General Comments
After spending 2000 Euro's on a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo D1840 laptop, they supplied me with a notebook which was configured with a default failure; Namely, the ATI 9600, in combination with their motherboard, had a conflict with the s-video output, which resulted in b/w output (they knew that), so that motherboard had to be replaced immediately, including the ATI.

When I received the revised laptop (after 6 weeks), the outer-side was damaged, my HD drive wasn't functioning in smart modes anymore.

So I had to resend it! Another 2 weeks!

Start up on battery power was impossible, due to the battery capacity in combination with a Pentium 4 (average shutdown time on battery (35 minutes with a new battery).

When rendering in After effects or Premiere, the laptop got overheated and shut down, even with an external extra fan!

2 days after my guarantee had ended, my HD gave an terminal error, It broke down. (12 months and 2 days).

I had to replace that (170 Euro's).

Now, in the 14 months of me owning an Amilo D1840, my adapter has exploded, and because it's a 20v 8A 4 pin adapter (which is irreplaceable by an generic adapter), I have to wait for 2 weeks for a new adapter which cost me 120 Euro's.

This is probably the worst laptop I have ever owned! This product is shameful for a company like Fujitsu.

No reasonable support from Fujitsu, although they knew this notebook had these problems!

In my comprehension this is no service, or good publicity for Fujitsu. SO Fujitsu, what are you people going to do about this? I could use some support after spending 2500 Euro's on your faulty product!!!

• Over 1 Year

Time Laptop Owned

• Screen Quality

Stnzx's Response to stnzx's Review

Written on: 04/07/2006

Truly the worst laptop ever bought by me! Now it has broken down completely, mainboard, all the fans, processor (all for the second time) and it's not worth to fix it by the price that fujitsu offered me!
Worst service ever by their 'customer we don't care' centre, and combined with inferior materials, my worst experience ever with a notebook. STRONG ADVISE: NEVER BUY A FUJITSU, THEY SELL RUBBISH!