HSBC Business Bank Account Review

• Customer service

mtk's review of HSBC Business Bank Account

“HSBC has been a good bank for me, but when they...”

Written on: 27/01/2006 by mtk (1 review written)

Previously a fantastic manager
Never any wrong transaction
Reliable

Not the worlds local bank - call centres in India (how do you spell Windsor, sir?)
Impossible to get through to a branch
Impossible to get a knowledgeable person on the phone
Impossible to get meaningful replies
No direct line to a bank manager - call India first and get cut off

General Comments
HSBC has been a good bank for me, but when they depersonalised the services, to save money I first moved my private account to First Direct.

Now I will have to move my business account. There is no service anymore with HSBC. With the rates they charge, one should expect a person on the phone and a problem sorted from time to time.

Customer since 1991. Will change soon.

• 1 year and over

Banked with company

Angryshopper's Response to mtk's Review

Written on: 27/01/2006

I have just opened a Business Account with HSBC for my new venture. I only did it because they are the only local bank and they offered 18 months free banking. So far I have had the same problems. Spending my time talking to India and never getting through to the local branch. When I inquired about E-Merchant account (to accept credit/debit cards over my website) they refused without even talking to me as promised! Come the end of 18 months I'll moving to someone else!

Jasonhiggins's Response to mtk's Review

Written on: 27/03/2006

I can only agree - the service has plummeted in the past 2 years. I set up my business with them 10 years ago. I had a manager I could call on first name terms, only services I needed and charges I could feel happy with. Charges have risen, quality of service is - at best - poor and no personal contact (other than an indian voice calling me this year from HSBC to ask what we did?? 10 years??). Am actively looking to change now.

Unsatisfiedwithhsbc's Response to mtk's Review

Written on: 10/02/2006

I have to agree wholeheartedly with the above comment. HSBC is the most incompetent bank in the world. Call centre in india is impossible and they fail to get back to me to clarify the simplest thing. The branch telephone number is TOP SECRET and I expect a better service for my business account, will be changing bank today.