Dickenson Bay, Rex Halcyon Cove Review

KateCB's review of Dickenson Bay, Rex Halcyon Cove

“My husband and I went to Rex Halcyon Cove for the...”

Written on: 22/01/2006 by KateCB (6 reviews written)

Staff were wonderfully friendly and helpful, beach is the best on the island

Arawak restaurant is not air conditioned and this made for extremely uncomfortabley hot mealtimes
Lack of entertainment and early closing (midnight) was a major downside

General Comments
My husband and I went to Rex Halcyon Cove for the first time ever all inclusive; we had a wonderful time! The room was beautiful, the staff were helpful and friendly, the food was wonderful, the social atmosphere was the best - we would return like a shot! The catamaran tours are not to be missed, a party atmosphere all day long....We went in May/June and were told that as it was the end of their season and the hotel was not 'full enough' the entertainment had been cut - this was sad, as we were at the beach bar with no music for 4 out of 7 nights and although we would return, we would hope that the management would realise that we had paid just as much as someone who went when it was 'full' and deserved no less entertainment, particularly when it had been promised in the sales information.